Web based family history software

Question no stop importing gedcom to existing family tree

• hornyaka
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #1 by hornyaka
Hi,

I just want to import new gedcom to my existing family tree (I do this every week without any issue in past), but last time when I uploaded gedcom the process bar (which are show process as percentage) stopped at 21.2% and didn't finish the upload. It happened 2 hours ago and nothing change: still show 21.2%. This tree didn't updated and currently unreacheble. I cannot do anything with this tree because I see only process bar.

Do you have any idea how can I solve this issue? How can I manage this tree again?

Thx.
Attila
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic no stop importing gedcom to existing family tree
Did you upgrade your server to PHP 7.4?

webtrees 1.7 does not work with PHP 7.4. A known problem is that the import hangs.

If you are still on PHP <=7.3, then there is a problem with your GEDCOM file. Probably invalid data.

To get control, you must delete all the rows in the database table wt_gedcom_chunk.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by fisharebest.

• hornyaka
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #3 by hornyaka
I have checked: my php version is 7.2. Maybe gedcom is invalid. thx, I will delete wt_gedcom_chunk and try again and check.

thx again.

• hornyaka
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #4 by hornyaka
One more question: I see in wt_gedcom_chunk table that gedcom_chunk_id 69284 is imported (set 1) and gedcom_chunk_id 69285 is not imported (0). I think the issue with my gedcom is in 69285. I downloaded this part of gedcom. How can I indentify which record cause the issue which record is invalid?

Thx in advance.
Attila

More
3 years 10 months ago #5 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic no stop importing gedcom to existing family tree
> How can I indentify which record cause the issue which record is invalid?

The error is somewhere in record 69285.

(PS - webtrees 2.0 will display the record with the problem.)

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• hornyaka
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #6 by hornyaka
Thx!

Moderators: makitso