This Help forum is for issues relates to webtrees 1.7. For issues related to webtrees 2.0, please use that forum.
Before asking for help please read "Requesting Help and Suggestions" by clicking on that tab above here."
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Login - not possible 1 month 1 week ago #1

• tze_frog
  • tze_frog's Avatar Topic Author
Hello

My site is: www.1951.dk/webtrees - I use webrees 1.7.

I have installed a SSL certificate to become https://
In my webtrees control panel I have - as recommended - entered the URL to login.php - www.1951.dk/webtrees/login.php

I can get to my webtrees - but it says not secure - and I cannot login/sign in. I have tried to use 'forgot password' - but I don't receive an e-mail.
As you have described in FAQ, I have tried to insert the encrypted 'password' in the wt_user table in my MySQL. Still the same.

Can you help?

Best regards Anders, Herlev, Denmark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Login - not possible 1 month 1 week ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi tze_frog.

First, you are using webtrees 1. This is very old. You should consider upgrading to webtrees 2. See webtrees.net/upgrade/

Second, webtrees 1 detects HTTPS using information provided by the server. I guess your server is using HTTPS, but it is telling PHP that it uses HTTP.
This is why webtrees redirects to the HTTP URL that is provided by the server.

To fix it, you must either:

* modify your apache server configuration to set the header HTTPS=on
* edit one of the webtrees files, and hard-code your own URL with https.

To do this, you will need to undertand basic PHP programming. The code you need to modify is here: github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/blob/1.7/includes/session.php

I think your login problem is caused by the same thing. Most likely, your login cookie is set against HTTP, and not HTTPS.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Login - not possible 1 month 1 week ago #3

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> In my webtrees control panel I have - as recommended - entered the URL to login.php

Actually, it is recommended to leave these empty.

This option is for users who want to use their own modified login script.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page: