Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: census display

census display 1 month 3 weeks ago #1

• wtuser
  • wtuser's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
When viewing the expanded census information on an individual page, part of the census information is hidden beneath the family navigator is displayed on the right side of the page.

Is there a method of moving the family navigator so that the full census information can be viewed?

I know that it is possible to minimize the family navigator, but would like that information viewable as well.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

census display 1 month 2 weeks ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
This is a known issue - github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/1427

The solution is to add <div class="table-responsive"></div> around the table.

But the table is generated by the markdown library, and I haven't found a way to modify it.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

census display 4 weeks 8 hours ago #3

Hi Greg,

I added the following in the CSS & JS module, unfortunately it made no difference.
$('.markdown>table').addClass('table').wrap('<div class="table-responsive"></div>');
--
Dave

Local: Win 10 Pro/WSL Ubuntu 18.04.4, Nginx 1.14.0, PHP 7.4.5/7.3.17-1, Mysql 5.7.29-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
Production: Apache 2.2, PHP 7.3.15, 10.3.18-MariaDB

census display 2 weeks 1 day ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I have managed to get this working.

The "trick" is that the parent table (.wt-facts-table) needs to have a "fixed" layout.
We use this class for many different tables, including ones that shouldn't have a fixed layout.
So, I'll need to review all these, and annotate the ones that have potentially wide user-generated content.
We can also use word-wrap: break-word for these.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

census display 2 weeks 1 day ago #5

Well done!
--
Dave

Local: Win 10 Pro/WSL Ubuntu 18.04.4, Nginx 1.14.0, PHP 7.4.5/7.3.17-1, Mysql 5.7.29-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
Production: Apache 2.2, PHP 7.3.15, 10.3.18-MariaDB

• Page: