Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: An easy program?

An easy program? 2 weeks 3 days ago #1

• Haraldv
  • Haraldv's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
I have had some difficulties when installing this program. Maybe it's my fault, but I feel it could be easier for a beginner with this program. The last problem is that my pictures do not follow the Gedcom import, and that it seems that I have to manually link pictures to the right person. This gets too cumbersome, such things should go automatically, with clear instructions on how to do it. I have been helped by several people here, but it has taken several days to get things right, and my interest in this is diminishing every day.
Hope this is easier than it seems, but for now I unfortunately have to give up the trial, this is taking too much time. Sorry!
Harald Vågene,
Skodje - Norway
www.grasdal.com/webtrees

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Haraldv.

An easy program? 2 weeks 3 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It is very difficult to help you, because you haven't given us the information we need, and asked for.

We need to know how the media files are referenced in your GEDCOM file.

This format is can be different for every application. We have guessed, and given "generic" advice.

But we can only tell you *exactly* how to proceed if we know what file paths are used by the program that created your GEDCOM file.

Please, try again. Edit your GEDCOM file with a text editor.

You will find lines that begin "1 FILE" and contain the names of your images.

Tell us what this line says, and we can tell you what settings to use and where to copy your files.

If you can't do this, you can email the GEDCOM file to me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), and I can look for you.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by fisharebest. Reason: cannot spell my own email address ;-)
  • Page: