Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Selection of GEDCOM tags for facts

Selection of GEDCOM tags for facts 2 weeks 1 day ago #1

• hermann
  • hermann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior
  • Junior
In Control panel / Manage family trees / Preferences / Facts for ... it is possible to configure the facts which should be used for individual or family facts.

1. I'm using the menu in German and had a problem to identify the right facts because there are
- two facts "Taufe" (in English: "Christening" and "Baptism")
- two facts "Verlobung" (in English: "Engagement" and "Marriage bond").
I think that the first problem "Christening/Baptism" will be there in many languages; maybe it would help to indicate the GEDCOM tag and use "Taufe (CHR)" for example. Maybe the second problem is there only in German and the translation of "Marriage bond" is wrong.

2. Is there a possibility to add custom tags as preferred tags? For example I like to add "_GOV" as a tag for "Advanced place name facts".
webtrees 2.0.4 ahnen.hartenthaler.eu/
and webtrees 1.7.17 (many additional modules) ahnen1.hartenthaler.eu/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Selection of GEDCOM tags for facts 2 weeks 1 day ago #2

Die Diskussion zur Übersetzung von BAPM vs. CHR gab es vor einiger Zeit schon mal (siehe www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/8-tr...ung-von-bapm-und-chr oder in der PHP-Gedview-L 10/2017). Da keine Einigkeit bei den wenigen Beteiligten erreicht wurde, habe ich die Übersetzung nur auf meiner Seite angepasst (CHR -> Kindstaufe)und nicht in der Programmübersetzung.

Unter translate.webtrees.net/projects/webtrees/ kann die Übersetzung bearbeitet und Vorschläge zu Übersetzungen gemacht werden.

Sorry for answering in German, but it was faster. :)
Martin - ffp.bauschaffen.de

Last edit: by mp.

Selection of GEDCOM tags for facts 2 weeks 1 day ago #3

- two facts "Verlobung" (in English: "Engagement" and "Marriage bond").

_MBON ist ein benutzerdefinierter Tag (Brothers Keeper?). Den würde ich nicht aktivieren, verstehen ihn doch ggf. andere Programme nicht. Über die Übersetzung sollte man der Unterscheidung wegen diskutieren -> Ehebund, Eheband ...

Last edit: by mp.

Selection of GEDCOM tags for facts 2 weeks 20 hours ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> I think that the first problem "Christening/Baptism" will be there in many languages;

Yes, it is a problem. The two things usually happen together in the same event.

Christening = give a name
Baptism = welcome to the church

I disable CHR and use only BAPM.

> 2. Is there a possibility to add custom tags as preferred tags? For example I like to add "_GOV" as a tag for "Advanced place name facts".

Coming in 2.0.4
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Selection of GEDCOM tags for facts 1 week 1 day ago #5

Maybe the second problem is there only in German and the translation of "Marriage bond" is wrong.

I have made a translation suggestion "Heiratsbürgschaft" for „marriage bond“. This translation is derived from various internet sources.

• Page: