Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Secret or hidden link to real father. 2 weeks 17 hours ago #1

• ADRIEN007
  • ADRIEN007's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
I have a case where the father is not the father the family recognises and the bio father has a family of his own and I don't think know about the link, which can be proven with DNA evidence. I don't want to rock the boat by removing the established "father" and replacing him with the biological father, but I would like to somehow indicate a link which would be only shown to members or managers (basically for relationship chart to match with actual DNA testing.

The people involved are dead and therefore show up to visitors, but if I mark anything as private, this also seems to affect how the site displays the individuals (it marks them private). I just want to link the bio father and mother somehow and for it to be hidden from visitors .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Secret or hidden link to real father. 2 weeks 17 hours ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
You should be able to do this as follows:

Create a new family, with the DNA parents.

Edit the new family and add a restriction "Show to members".

Now, the child and DNA parents should still be public, but the family record (and hence the relationship) should be hidden.

Note that this won't work if you have chosen the "show private relationships" option.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by fisharebest.
  • Page: