Web based family history software

Question Site not working after 2.0.5 -? 2.0.6 update

• dngood
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #1 by dngood
I logged into webtrees today and followed the notice about the newer version, and clicked to update - a minute or so later I got a server timeout message. I waited a couple more minutes before trying to login - where I saw:

"This website is down for maintenance. You should try again in a few minutes. This website is being upgraded. Try again in a few minutes."

I have tried the manual process (upload the new files via ftp), and have also tried through softaculous (which installed it originally), but nothing gets rid of the error message. What are the next steps?

Thanks!

David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #2 by nwagers
Replied by nwagers on topic Site not working after 2.0.5 -? 2.0.6 update
If you're sure that all the files have been uploaded fine, then you can just delete the file called "offline.txt" in your data folder.

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 9 months ago #3 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Site not working after 2.0.5 -? 2.0.6 update
The procedure for upgrading is documented here:

webtrees.net/upgrade/manual/

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• dngood
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #4 by dngood
Thanks, this solved the problem. I did see the step about the file, but I ignored it as I didn't create one in the first place. I see now in hindsight that the auto process must have created it. Thanks for the quick fixes.