Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HTML vs PDF reports different 1 week 4 days ago #1

• nwagers
  • nwagers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • New
  • New
The reports generated for PDF and different from the HTML reports. For example, in the HTML Pedigree report there is a title ("Pedigree"), a date of generation, and a webtrees version number. All 3 of those are gone in the PDF report and replaced by some lines and a page number. There are differences in other reports such as the Family report too.

Are these built off the same report generator or are they built differently? I see pedigree_report.xml in resources/xml/reports and scrolling through it looks like what generates the html. Is there another file that generates the pdf? I'm trying to understand the process a bit so I can tweak them to my liking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HTML vs PDF reports different 1 week 1 day ago #2

Reports are currently indeed built from xml files (both html and pdf). The entire approach is rather outdated and on the roadmap to be modernized ( see this issue ), although likely not in the near future (as this has been removed from the next webtrees milestone 2.1.0).

If you only require minor tweaks, you may be able to do these in xml (never tried it myself), otherwise it may be better to wait for the modernized reports.
Richard

webtrees 2.0.6 at cissee.de/webtrees2
Vesta custom modules (Classic Look & Feel, Gov4Webtrees, Shared Places, Extended Relationships) available at cissee.de

HTML vs PDF reports different 1 week 1 day ago #3

• nwagers
  • nwagers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • New
  • New
Much appreciated context. Thanks!

• Page: