Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Integration with piwigo? 1 week 3 days ago #1

• SchoutenCC
  • SchoutenCC's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Hi,
I've been using webtrees for a while now and have recently also started adding in photos for people.
I'd like to know if there's a way to integrate with a broader dms sort of thing. Like, I'm about to start scanning a number of photo albums and then it doesn't really make sense to contain that only within webtrees. I'd like to publish the photo albums on their own as well (ideally without double storage of course).
My hosting provider had piwigo integrated so my first go-to is asking if there's a possibility that webtrees can integrate with piwigo. I've found a post where @fisharebest said this could be done someday, but that was from 2015. The forum currently has no search results for piwigo.
Secondary, I'm open to suggestions if you think piwigo is not the best tool here :)
Thanks in advance,
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Integration with piwigo? 5 days 16 hours ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> @fisharebest said this could be done someday, but that was from 2015

I wrote a webtrees-piwigo module in ~2017 (obviously, this was for webtrees 1.7)

I didn't publish it because it was written as a private project for someone, so it was not mine to publish.

I no longer have the source code, and I can remember very little about how it worked,
other than that it created a "fake" piwigo login session to match the current webtrees
login session, and modified the piwigo config to use webtrees files/folders.

It would probably be much easier to do in webtrees2.
I don't really have the time to do this again, but would be happy to give advice/help to someone who does.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: