Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

PlaceLinks 1 week 3 days ago #1

• apatani
  • apatani's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
I am not sure how or when (during one of the upgrades?) links of individuals to places disappeared from the wt_placelinks table in the database. I found this by trying to understand why records of some individuals were not showing up in the place hierarchy and associated maps. I was able to restore the links by doing a searching for the place name and replacing them with the same character string in the control panel..

I am not sure how many other links are broken for other individuals in my family tree.I assume exporting and re-importing the GEDCOM would fix this but is their any other way of identifying what links may be broken? I have a pretty large family tree and it was just by chance that I found the issue with this one place.It would be nice if there was some way to auto check and fix issues like this.

Thanks. Needless to say, I think Webtrees is terrific and I greatly appreciate the effort you folks are putting into its development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PlaceLinks 1 week 3 days ago #2

• bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
I have no idea how it could have happened. Basically it shouldn't. But there is an easy fix: export to GEDCOM and import it again. That will surely rebuild all derived data structures and indices like this one.
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

PlaceLinks 1 week 3 days ago #3

• apatani
  • apatani's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Thanks. That was easy and a good way to fix the links..

• Page: