Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

create users group nephew and nieces, parents and children 1 week 2 days ago #1

• guidovanharten
  • guidovanharten's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junior
  • Junior
Is it possible to create a users group which contains my nearby family, all descendants of my grandparents?
My wish: when logged in you can see all details (except the details which are marked as private or confidential) of these family members.

Best regards,
Guido

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by guidovanharten.

create users group nephew and nieces, parents and children 1 week 2 days ago #2

Not 100% sure what you want to achieve, but a combination ot the following options might give you the desired effect:

*) Set the restriction "show to managers" for the items that you want to hide for members
*) By setting "Restrict to immediate family" in the account of each user you can determine the the 'circle' of private family members that will be shown. For example, if you specify a path length of 2, the individual will be able to see their grandson or aunt, but not their first cousin (path length = 3).
Frans

create users group nephew and nieces, parents and children 1 week 1 day ago #3

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

guidovanharten wrote: Is it possible to create a users group which contains my nearby family, all descendants of my grandparents?
My wish: when logged in you can see all details (except the details which are marked as private or confidential) of these family members.

The problem with this logic is that your users will not be able to see close relatives who are not blood-relatives.

So, they could not see their husband, or mother-in-law, or step-brother, step-daughter, etc.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page: