Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Name not created when adding f.i. father and editing name problems 2 weeks 3 days ago #1

• chess
  • chess's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Hello again.

Another issue I found out is when adding a father to a person, in the new dialog you have to enter a "given name", "surname" is added automatically so far so good. But I can not get webtrees to create the (complete) "name". The "given name" and "surname" is saved, but not the name.

Then editing the name after that is another pain. I can't change the name in the normal name dialog. It does not create a name either. So I delete the whole name and create it from scratch - but even this is again not working as intended. I enter the given name nice (there is no autocomplete like in webtrees 1.7 - where is it?). Okay I can live with that. I enter the surname (autocomplete is working here) but if I use the autocompleted name, the created name is only the part I entered manually and not the autocompleted correct name...

This is really annoying. Maybe I am doing something wrong or is it brwoser based (I use Chromium, tested it with Firefox as well a little better, but nearly the same problem, the name is not created when altering the given name unless you change the surname)?

Yours
C. Hess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by chess.

Name not created when adding f.i. father and editing name problems 2 weeks 3 days ago #2

• bertkoor
  • Platinum
  • Platinum
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
Basic things like this should work.

Is this perhaps only occurring on names that have a prefix which is not separate from the surname?
For example McLoud, d'Argent...
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

Last edit: by bertkoor.

Name not created when adding f.i. father and editing name problems 2 weeks 3 days ago #3

I never observed this before, but using 2.0.9: you are right! Selecting a suggested first name and immediately "save" results in an incomplete name field "given name /surname/"; the selected given name is stored but in the name field it is empty. Entering the given name and entering then another field like nickname, and then "save", this works correctly.
webtrees 2.0.9 (all available custom modules installed) @ ahnen.hartenthaler.eu/
and webtrees 1.7.17 (many custom modules) @ ahnen1.hartenthaler.eu/
Attachments:

Last edit: by hermann.

Name not created when adding f.i. father and editing name problems 2 weeks 3 days ago #4

• chess
  • chess's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Hello Bertkoor.

No I can reproduce this with every name I try - does not matter "Schneider", "Müller", "Meier" both in Chromium and Firefox (just tried MS Edge - the same problem).

Thanks

C. Hess

Name not created when adding f.i. father and editing name problems 2 weeks 3 days ago #5

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Edits to NPFX/GIVN/SPFX/SURN/NSFX should all update NAME.

But this is broken for the GIVN field.

Fixed. See github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/commit/3...26e639e16f9f28d2fbad
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Name not created when adding f.i. father and editing name problems 1 week 6 days ago #6

I make the same experience using wt 2.0.9
Editing Surname or Married Surname, these are autocompleted in Name and Married Name. But Given Name is not autocompleted or changed.
I am sorry to say, that Gregs link about this problem ist nice to read for me, but I don't understand or can use the information.
So I think I have to wait until a further update.

There is another strange experience about names. In wt 1.7 I saw all names also in the editing fields and they where autocompleted perfect. Now after transferring the database to wt 2 the different names are only in "NAME" and no other field. Even the Married Surnames seem to be mainly lost. It's a pity that this information is lost.
We love to travel, meet people and enjoy nature!
www.paul-engl.at
www.helmutpaul.at
www.komoot.de/user/anjop

Name not created when adding f.i. father and editing name problems 1 week 5 days ago #7

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> But Given Name is not autocompleted or changed.

This is a known bug. Already fixed. I will create a new release this weekend.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page: