Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

One source - multiple media objects 3 weeks 1 day ago #1

• Newbie67
  • Newbie67's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Hi all,

I have several cases where a birth certificate consists of more than one page and therefor multiple URLs. As far as I can see, it is not possible to connect more than one media object to a source. So the workaround is the create a source event for each media object, but this is quit time consuming.
Is the one-to-one relation a limitation of the GedCom specification or a limitation of Webtrees ?
Or am I just mistaken and can I attach more than one media object to a single source event ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One source - multiple media objects 3 weeks 23 hours ago #2

It is possible to have more than one media object related to a source. If you are editing the source you will find in the last line "Add a media object". This is possible even if there is already a media object.
webtrees 2.0.9 (all available custom modules installed) @ ahnen.hartenthaler.eu/
and webtrees 1.7.17 (many custom modules) @ ahnen1.hartenthaler.eu/

One source - multiple media objects 3 weeks 15 hours ago #3

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> As far as I can see, it is not possible to connect more than one media object to a source.

Do you mean add a second media object to a

* source record
* source citation

Adding to source records should work OK.

Adding to source citations is permitted by GEDCOM, but there is no user-interface to add it.

This has been fixed in the 2.1 code - but this is still some months away.

Until then, you can add the second media object to the fact/event - and then use raw-gedcom edit to move it to the correct location. e.g change "2 OBJE @XXX@" to "3 OBJE @XXX@" and move it to the line after "2 SOUR @YYY@"
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

One source - multiple media objects 2 weeks 6 days ago #4

• Newbie67
  • Newbie67's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Thanks Greg,

I indeed meant the multiple objects link to a single source citation.
Until 2.1 is released, I will use the workaround by changing the raw gedcom data which worked fine for me

One source - multiple media objects 2 weeks 3 days ago #5

you can insert the various pages as files in a single media object ... I usually do this.

* translated by Google

• Page: