Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HTML Block and reference tags 3 weeks 1 day ago #1

• Newbie67
  • Newbie67's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
On my webtrees site, I use HTML blocks on the frontpage presenting some articles.
These articles contain names of individuals to which I like to create hyperlinks. Now this is possible using the link option in the editor, but only based on the full URL and not to internal links. The downside now is when the URL changes, I need to change all articles.
Would be great if I just could create reference links (or even better retrieve individual pages directly from the editor), so a restore of the database from my production database to a test environment would still work.

Anyone some suggestions how to do this properly ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HTML Block and reference tags 3 weeks 1 day ago #2

Have a look at this much discussed thread https://www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/help-for-2-0/35079-how-to-find-the-reference-of-an-individual , but make sure that you understand the downside of using an @XREF@.

HTML Block and reference tags 2 weeks 6 days ago #3

• Newbie67
  • New
  • New
Thanks Peter,

Looking at the whole discussion, I totally agree with your suggestion.
1 Use RIN tags for references within the notes and editor screens (maybe searchbox to make it more user friendly, but save the selected one in the RIN tag)
2. have an option in the configuration page to preserve\overwrite RINs during GEDCOM import
3. have an option in the configuration page to automatically create RIN tags when adding new Individuals and Families (per default set it to XREF when blank or be able to use a standard format with sequencenumber)
4. have an option in the configuration page to apply RIN tags to all existing Indviduals and Families when they don't exist yet (and apply the format chosen above)

Cannot see any downside yet, so hope this is something which can be created (either as a module or within the product itself)

HTML Block and reference tags 2 weeks 6 days ago #4

• Newbie67
  • New
  • New
hmmm using @....@ references in HTML blocks using CK Editor doesn't seem to work anyways :-(

HTML Block and reference tags 2 weeks 3 days ago #5

I'm afraid I misunderstood something and you are correct. It seems the @XREF@ reference feature was implemented for NOTE tags only although some would like to use it in HTML blocks and stories as well.

• Page: