Web based family history software

Question <Solved> The page is not redirected correctly

• Patrick
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #1 by Patrick
Rappel du problème :
- après avoir fait une création ou une modification pour un individu et l'avoir acceptée par « Modifications en attente » , si je clique sur « continuer » le message « La page n’est pas redirigée correctement » s'affiche. Je dois cliquer sur la flèche de retour du navigateur pour revenir sur la page de l'individu.
- mais si je clique sur « approuver » (quand l'option existe), pas de problème...

Greg a répondu : « It will be necessary to examine the HTTP responses. Use the browser's developer tools. »

Voir ci-dessous les logs d'erreur d'Apache.

Pour les autres informations dont vous avez besoin, pouvez-vous m'expliquer comment faire, s'il vous plaît ?
Cordialement.

Reminder of the problem:
- after creating or modifying an individual and accepting it as “Pending Changes”, if I click “continue” the message “The page is not redirected correctly” is displayed. I have to click on the back arrow of the browser to return to the individual’s page.
- but if I click on “approve” (when the option exists), no problem...

Greg replied: « It will be necessary to examine the HTTP responses. Use the browser's developer tools. »

See below for Apache error logs.

For the other information you need, can you explain how to do this, please? *
Cordially.

[Thu Nov 12 13:47:39.600773 2020] [negotiation:error] [pid 2526] [client 114.119.148.197:9626] AH00687: Negotiation: discovered file(s) matching request: /var/www/html/webtrees/module (None could be negotiated).
[Thu Nov 12 13:49:40.644594 2020] [negotiation:error] [pid 1947] [client 114.119.135.163:63204] AH00687: Negotiation: discovered file(s) matching request: /var/www/html/webtrees/module (None could be negotiated).
[Thu Nov 12 13:50:21.178589 2020] [negotiation:error] [pid 3469] [client 114.119.140.136:2578] AH00687: Negotiation: discovered file(s) matching request: /var/www/html/webtrees/module (None could be negotiated).
[Thu Nov 12 13:54:18.220484 2020] [ssl:error] [pid 3099] [client 192.168.0.254:43368] AH02261: Re-negotiation handshake failed, referer: faivre.ml/webtreesV2/index.php?route=%2F...ee%2Ftree1%2Fmy-page

webtrees 2.1.18 - fancy-imagebar, jc-theme-justlight et jc-fancy-treeview - faces
Navigateur Firefox - Raspbian 11 bullseye - PHP 8.1.14 - MariaDB 10.5.15 - Apache/2.4.54
My website : www.webtrees.damia.ch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 4 months ago #2 by fisharebest
> For the other information you need, can you explain how to do this, please?

To see the HTTP responses, you need to enable the developer tools in your browser.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Patrick
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #3 by Patrick
Merci de me répondre !
Désolé, je n'ai pas l'expérience des outils de développement. La capture d'écran jointe est-elle utile ?

Thank you for answering me!
Sorry, I don’t have experience with development tools.Is the attached screenshot useful?

webtrees 2.1.18 - fancy-imagebar, jc-theme-justlight et jc-fancy-treeview - faces
Navigateur Firefox - Raspbian 11 bullseye - PHP 8.1.14 - MariaDB 10.5.15 - Apache/2.4.54
Attachments:

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 4 months ago #4 by fisharebest
In the file data/config.ini.php, what value do you have for "base_url"

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Patrick
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #5 by Patrick
Il n'y a pas "base_url" dans le fichier de webtrees /data/config.ini.php
Faut-il l'ajouter, et avec quelle valeur ?

There is no "base_url" in the webtrees file/data/config.ini.php
Should it be added, and with what value?

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 4 months ago #6 by fisharebest
> Should it be added, and with what value?

Yes!

See webtrees.net/upgrade/2.0/

• Patrick
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #7 by Patrick
Replied by Patrick on topic <Solved> The page is not redirected correctly
Thank you Greg! It works!
I really appreciate the use of this app.

Edit: I also enabled the pretty URLs. Everything seems to work correctly :)

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Patrick.

More
3 years 1 month ago #8 by tmnewton
Replied by tmnewton on topic <Solved> The page is not redirected correctly
I have this same issue, but my setup is different. I am hosting the website on a server at my house that is listening on port 8080 and using a reverse proxy for external access, which is taking ports 80 & 443 and forwarding them to port 8080. If I put anything in for the base_url, it either breaks the external access, my access when I am at home, or both.

If I comment out the base_url, everything seems to work except a few spots where I get the "Page is not redirecting properly" message. One of these being after accepting pending changes and clicking on continue. The url of that continue button is

http://website/?route%2Ftree.........

Shouldn't it be

http://website/index.php?route%2Ftree......... ????

If not, how do I overcome this issue with my setup (website listening on non-standard port, reverse proxy, etc......)

I find it hard to believe that I am the only one with this setup, but maybe I am. I want to help fix it, please let me know how I can assist.

Thanks!

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 1 month ago #9 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic <Solved> The page is not redirected correctly
You want your site to be available at two different URLs at the same time?

e.g. localhost and www.yourdomain.xyz

Can you not use www.yourdomain.xyz while on your local network?
If so, just use this external URL.

webtrees needs to generate absolute URLs. To do this, it uses the base_url setting.

Given the existance of reverse-proxies, etc., it is not possible for a PHP script to
reliably detect the URL that was used to view it.