Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

the name is no longer automatically constructed 1 week 16 hours ago #1

• AlCo74
  • AlCo74's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Hello to the Webtree community,

I started to use this amazing software (congratulations to the developers, great job!).

I am contacting you following this strange phenomenon:
- when I enter the last name and the first name, the global name (the one between // at the top of the form) no longer aggregates the two parts, only the name appears.

The strangest thing is that this only happens on the ascendants of the first record which presents this problem and not on the others.
I tried to correct in the GEDCOM tags, it corrects on the form but when I create another ascendant the problem persists.

Do you have any leads to solve this issue?
thank you in advance
My Webtrees: 2.0.10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

the name is no longer automatically constructed 1 week 2 hours ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Are you using the autocomplete to select a surname (rather than type it in full)?

If so, it is a known bug, and will be fixed in the next release. Hopefully this weekend.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

the name is no longer automatically constructed 1 week 2 hours ago #3

• AlCo74
  • New
  • New
Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, not at all. In each case I described, it was a new one, not present in the list.

But the problem is with the give name as the name is inherited when I create an ascendant (i.e. the father of th individual).
Does it connect with the same bug ?

Last edit: by AlCo74.

the name is no longer automatically constructed 5 days 20 hours ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I cannot guess the cause of your problem.

I would need to see it. Can you send me a login for your site, and instructions on how to see the problem.

TIP - you can create a new/temporary tree for testing - you do not need to give me access to your genealogy data.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

the name is no longer automatically constructed 4 days 18 hours ago #5

• AlCo74
  • New
  • New
Thank you very much for the offer of help, it gives me some hope to fix the problem.

How do I go about creating a temporary tree?
Knowing that all the other files work correctly but that it is only the creation of new descendants and ascendants for this file that are problematic.

In the meantime, I can work around the problem by transferring the given name manually, but this lengthens the entry and I don't know if it can damage the records?

the name is no longer automatically constructed 4 days 17 hours ago #6

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> How do I go about creating a temporary tree?

Control panel -> Family trees -> Create a family tree

the name is no longer automatically constructed 3 days 19 hours ago #7

• AlCo74
  • New
  • New
Thanks for the info.

I just created a new separate tree as per your recommendation, and unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem, everything works fine even with the particles (d') that seemed to be causing the problem.
So I guess one of the records would be damaged. Do you have a clue to analyze this hypothesis? Or an other idea to solve the issue ?
Thanks for your help.

• Page: