Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC:

Upgrade Gone Wrong 1 month 1 week ago #1

  • vdrumsroland
  • vdrumsroland's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
  • Posts: 68
For some reason my 1.7.17 never gave me the option to upgrade telling me that I had the latest version. It wasn't until today after researching a different issue that I discovered there was a newer version. I attempted to do the manual upgrade like I've done in the past but now my install is nothing but error messages.

I got this message (added ..... to mask location):
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request' not found in ................../webtrees/includes/session.php:168 Stack trace: #0 ................./webtrees/individual.php(31): require() #1 {main} thrown in ................../webtrees/includes/session.php on line 168


Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by vdrumsroland.

Upgrade Gone Wrong 1 month 1 week ago #2

  • fisharebest
  • fisharebest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 14084
This error message refers to a file "session.php" which exists only in webtrees 1.x

My guess is that you didn't copy all the files to the server, or maybe didn't overwrite existing files with new files.

Try copying the files again.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Upgrade Gone Wrong [Solved] 1 month 5 days ago #3

  • vdrumsroland
  • vdrumsroland's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
  • Posts: 68
I wanted to write back in case someone else runs into the same issue.
For some reason everything I tried to do just wouldn't work. So, I started from "scratch".
First I made a complete copy of my Webtrees folder.
I then tried doing exactly what the directions are 2 different ways, by using FTP and uploading directly use my cPanel. Neither of which worked and gave the same error.
So, I deleted everything from my Webtrees folder except the data folder. Created my own compressed Webtrees without the data folder. Uploaded and uncompressed it within the Webtrees folder.
Bam! It worked.
I know that is a long way of doing it but it worked.

Thank you for Webtrees and the support you provide!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Powered by Kunena Forum