Before asking for help please read "Requesting Help and Suggestions" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Media Error - Path is outside of the defined root, path 1 month 23 hours ago #1

• otmar.mayr
  • otmar.mayr's Avatar Topic Author
I am not using this and I discovered this problem by accident.

When I click on "Manage media" I get this error message:

Path is outside of the defined root, path: [../../../files/media/] …/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Util.php:117 #0 …/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Util.php(90): League\Flysystem\Util::normalizeRelativePath('../../../files/...') #1 …/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Filesystem.php(270): League\Flysystem\Util::normalizePath('../../../files/...') #2 …/app/Services/MediaFileService.php(377): League\Flysystem\Filesystem->listContents('../../../files/...', true) #3 …/app/Http/RequestHandlers/ManageMediaPage.php(64): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Services\MediaFileService->allMediaFolders(Object(League\Flysystem\Filesystem)) #4 …/app/Http/Middleware/WrapHandler.php(83): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Http\RequestHandlers\ManageMediaPage->handle(Object(Nyholm\Psr7\ServerRequest)) #5 …/vendor/oscarotero/middleland/src/Dispatcher.php(136): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Http\Middleware\WrapHandler->process(Object(Nyholm\Psr7\ServerRequest), Object(Middleland\Dispatcher)) #6 …/app/Http/Middleware/AuthAdministrator.php(52): Middleland\Dispatcher->handle(Object(Nyholm\Psr7\ServerRequest)) #7 …/vendor/oscarotero/middleland/src/Dispatcher.php(136): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Http\Middleware\AuthAdministrator->process(Object(Nyholm\Psr7\ServerRequest), Object(Middleland\Dispatcher)) #8 …/app/Http/Middleware/CheckCsrf.php(75): Middleland\Dispatcher->handle(Object(Nyholm\Psr7\ServerRequest)) #9 …/vendor/oscarotero/middleland/src/Dispatcher.php(136): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Http\Middleware\CheckCsrf->process(Object(Nyholm\Psr7\ServerRequest), Object(Middleland\Dispatcher)) #10 …/vendor/oscarotero/middleland/src/Dispatcher.php(118): Middleland\Dispatcher->handle(Object(Nyholm\Psr7\ServerRequest)) #11 …/app/Http/Middleware/Router.php(166): Middleland\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Nyholm\Psr7\ServerRequest)) #12
www.verwandten.info / PHP-Version 7.4.12 / webtrees 2.0.16

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Media Error - Path is outside of the defined root, path 1 month 21 hours ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Since 2.0, your media folder must be *inside* your data folder.

Note: you can choose a different data folder (e.g. ../../../files/)

webtrees will use this location to read/write GEDCOM files and to store your media.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Media Error - Path is outside of the defined root, path 1 month 21 hours ago #3

• otmar.mayr
  • otmar.mayr's Avatar Topic Author
I know that. Webtrees also shows all photos correctly. So there are no problems with the display of the photos.

I just wanted to point out that this error message comes up when I click on the link "Manage media".
www.verwandten.info / PHP-Version 7.4.12 / webtrees 2.0.16

• Page: