Before asking for help please read "Requesting Help and Suggestions" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Old link gives "This individual does not exist or you do not have permission" 3 weeks 6 days ago #1

• mstevetodd
  • mstevetodd's Avatar Topic Author
Upgraded to 2.0.15 on a new server, followed steps on "pretty URLs". Site is up and working OK, except for:
I have links from other sites (findagrave, etc.) directly to individual pages. These links work fine at 1.7.x, but I get an error "This individual does not exist or you do not have permission to view it." with 2.0.x
Perhaps the link is not being redirected, as the address bar still shows the old url. e.g.:
webtrees.mstevetodd.com/individual.php?pid=I12959120987
This page is accessible via that same ID at
webtrees.mstevetodd.com/tree/M%20Steve%2...9120987/Leila-Hardee

Any suggestions?

Note that I've not yet changed my DNS entry, so those links go to my "old" site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Old link gives "This individual does not exist or you do not have permission" 3 weeks 6 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> Perhaps the link is not being redirected, as the address bar still shows the old url. e.g.:

You have installed 2.0 on top of 1.7.

webtrees 2.0 will ignore the old files from 1.7 - but they are still there.

You still have enough of the old 1.7.18 files installed so that the file individual.php still functions, and shows a 1.7.18 page.

(If you view the page's HTML in the browser, you will see the version number.)

If you delete all the .PHP files in the root folder (except index.php), then the file indivdiual.php will not be found.
This will then be picked up by the URL rewriter, and webtrees will redirect the page to the new URL.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Old link gives "This individual does not exist or you do not have permission" 3 weeks 6 days ago #3

• mstevetodd
Thanks for the quick response, Greg.
But if you're looking at my live site, you're looking at the old one, which is indeed 1.7.18.
I haven't (yet) changed the DNS to point to the new site, hoping to address all issues first. I'm accessing the new site (temporarily) by changing my host file to include:
webtrees.mstevetodd.com 104.131.171.157
I also double-checked that the only *.php in the root folder of my new site is "index.php".
I can attach the source from that page of the new site if you'd like to see it.
If you will, you can visit my new site by adding the same line to your hosts file.
--SteveT

Last edit: by mstevetodd. Reason: Forgot to attach

Old link gives "This individual does not exist or you do not have permission" 3 weeks 5 days ago #4

• mstevetodd
Update:
I debugged a bit more and determined the queryparms were getting lost somewhere prior to RedirectIndividualPhp. So I revisited my nginx setup and found an issue, and I fixed it.
Redirects are working as expected now.
--SteveT

• Page: