Before asking for help please read "Requesting Help and Suggestions" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

favourites 3 weeks 3 days ago #1

• mariannevanharten
  • mariannevanharten's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
Als ik mijn website bezoek en ingelogd ben, staat mijn persoon (als beheerder) als een van de favorieten onder aan de hoofdpagina. Maar wanneer ik niet ben ingelogd, wordt hier een andere persoon getoond. Hoe kan ik dat veranderen?

In English:
When I visit my website and I am logged in, my person (administrator) is one of the favorites at the bottom of the main page. But when I am not logged in, another person is shown here. How can I change that?

Best regards,
Marianne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

favourites 3 weeks 3 days ago #2

It cann be a matter of privacy - is your person visible to not logged-in visitors?

And a second "problem" cann be - there are favourites for the tree - these are shown to visitors on the tree-main page. Logged-in user cann have their own favourites - displayed on the "My page".

Ladislav
webtrees 2.0.16 + ⚶ Vesta modules (from cissee.de/)
on PHP Version 7.3.14

favourites 3 weeks 2 days ago #3

• mariannevanharten
  • mariannevanharten's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
Thanks for your reply.
My personal record is visible to not logged in visitors.
I don't have personal favourites in my record.
So, I don't understand why another person is shown to users who aren't logged in.

favourites 3 weeks 2 days ago #4

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
Each user has his/her own list of favourites. These can be changed on "my" page.
Also visitors have favourites set up by the admin, shown on the "home" page.
You can make those lists the same, but that requires changing both the public list and your own list.
Or simply go back to "home" after logging in ;-)

When you are logged in, you get redirected to the "my" page which is different from the "home" page in a tree.
You may think you have not configured any personal favourites, but if they are shown then they are there. Simple as that.
Don't wonder why, just fix it.

As a visitor the favourites block on the home page has only one actual person (Trijntje Mom). It also shows a bunch of text, but without links to individual pages.
Have you perhaps reimported a GEDCOM file with different XREF id's?
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

• Page: