Before asking for help please read "Requesting Help and Suggestions" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Historic events and Stories 2 weeks 5 hours ago #1

• Donna-15
  • Donna-15's Avatar Topic Author
Hictoric events - is there any possibility to add events by myself.
If not, it would be nice to have "my own register" where I could add historic events. I am from Sweden so the historics abot US presidents and so on is'nt that very interesting.

Stories seems to me to be unuseful. To add a story I have to be administrator and do it in Control panel.
Clicking on the Stories icon does'nt do anything.
Why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Historic events and Stories 2 weeks 4 hours ago #2

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
Here is an example of a module with historical events:
github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/blob/mai.../BritishMonarchs.php

It's not that difficult to use this as an example and make your own. Change "BritishMonarchs" into your own module name (eg SwedishHistoricalEvents) and adjust the collection it returns.
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

Historic events and Stories 2 weeks 3 hours ago #3

I was able to modify @hermann's module for my purpose of Chinese-American historic events. @bertkoor is correct, it was relatively easy to modify the 'collections' for a non programmer like me.
github.com/hartenthaler/swiss-historic-events/ He has several modifications which helped me understand his thought process. I was able to contact him through his webtrees genealogy site.
One day I would like a drop down menu to let the user decide which historic events to pick from.
Doug
webtrees v2.0.x at Our Family Tree (Jiapu 家譜/家谱)
PHP Version 7.4.x, Apache 2.4.x, mysql 7.4.x | Home ISP w/ Raspberry Pi 4 Debian 10.x

Historic events and Stories 1 week 1 day ago #4

• otmar.mayr
I installed the custom module swiss-historic-events and it works perfectly.

I tried to adapt this custom module to my needs, but unfortunately it didn't work. I see that there are also de.mo and de.po files. But I have no idea how to change these files accordingly.
What I have to consider?
www.verwandten.info / PHP-Version 7.4.12 / webtrees 2.0.16

Historic events and Stories 1 week 1 day ago #5

• hermann
  • Away
You need the po and mo files for translation. If you don't have a need for translation ignore these files (but keep them). There is an introduction at blog.desdelinux.net/de/poedit-Tutorial%2...ekte-%C3%BCbersetzt/ in German language.
webtrees 2.0.16 (all available custom modules installed, php 7.4.15, MySQL 5.6) @ ahnen.hartenthaler.eu/
and webtrees 1.7.18 (many custom modules) @ ahnen1.hartenthaler.eu/

• Page: