Before asking for help please read "Requesting Help and Suggestions" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problems installing to MS SQL Server 2019 1 week 3 days ago #1

• nicama
  • nicama's Avatar Topic Author
Hi there!

I know that support for SQL Server is experimantal, but hope it doesn' mean that weebtrees won't work on it at all. I would prefer to use MSSS once it's already installed and running? and I wouldn't need to have one more DBMS installed on the same VM for no compelling reason. While installing latest wt_2.0.16 I managed to reach Administrator account page. But right after Next was pressed I got the following error:
Setup wizard for webtrees
An unexpected database error occurred.

Unsupported driver [sqlsvr]
#0 D:\WebTrees\vendor\illuminate\database\Connectors\ConnectionFactory.php(76): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\ConnectionFactory->createConnection()
#1 D:\WebTrees\vendor\illuminate\database\Connectors\ConnectionFactory.php(50): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\ConnectionFactory->createSingleConnection()
#2 D:\WebTrees\vendor\illuminate\database\DatabaseManager.php(131): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\ConnectionFactory->make()
#3 D:\WebTrees\vendor\illuminate\database\DatabaseManager.php(86): Illuminate\Database\DatabaseManager->makeConnection()
#4 D:\WebTrees\vendor\illuminate\database\Capsule\Manager.php(108): Illuminate\Database\DatabaseManager->connection()
#5 D:\WebTrees\vendor\illuminate\database\Capsule\Manager.php(74): Illuminate\Database\Capsule\Manager->getConnection()
#6 D:\WebTrees\vendor\illuminate\database\Capsule\Manager.php(86): Illuminate\Database\Capsule\Manager::connection()
#7 D:\WebTrees\app\Site.php(62): Illuminate\Database\Capsule\Manager::table()
#8 D:\WebTrees\app\Services\MigrationService.php(50): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Site::getPreference()
#9 D:\WebTrees\app\Http\RequestHandlers\SetupWizard.php(405): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Services\MigrationService->updateSchema()
#10 D:\WebTrees\app\Http\RequestHandlers\SetupWizard.php(366): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Http\RequestHandlers\SetupWizard->createConfigFile()
#11 D:\WebTrees\app\Http\RequestHandlers\SetupWizard.php(200): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Http\RequestHandlers\SetupWizard->step6Install()
#12 D:\WebTrees\app\Http\Middleware\ReadConfigIni.php(69): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Http\RequestHandlers\SetupWizard->handle()
#13 D:\WebTrees\vendor\oscarotero\middleland\src\Dispatcher.php(136): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Http\Middleware\ReadConfigIni->process()
#14 D:\WebTrees\app\Http\Middleware\SecurityHeaders.php(48): Middleland\Dispatcher->handle()
#15 D:\WebTrees\vendor\oscarotero\middleland\src\Dispatcher.php(136): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Http\Middleware\SecurityHeaders->process()
#16 D:\WebTrees\app\Http\Middleware\EmitResponse.php(57): Middleland\Dispatcher->handle()
#17 D:\WebTrees\vendor\oscarotero\middleland\src\Dispatcher.php(136): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Http\Middleware\EmitResponse->process()
#18 D:\WebTrees\app\Http\Middleware\PhpEnvironment.php(49): Middleland\Dispatcher->handle()
#19 D:\WebTrees\vendor\oscarotero\middleland\src\Dispatcher.php(136): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Http\Middleware\PhpEnvironment->process()
#20 D:\WebTrees\vendor\oscarotero\middleland\src\Dispatcher.php(118): Middleland\Dispatcher->handle()
#21 D:\WebTrees\index.php(57): Middleland\Dispatcher->dispatch()
#22 {main}
It would nice to know the cause for the error and the cure for it.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Problems installing to MS SQL Server 2019 1 week 3 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It looks like you have not installed the SQL-Server driver for PHP.

See www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-sqlsrv.php
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Problems installing to MS SQL Server 2019 1 week 3 days ago #3

• nicama
  • nicama's Avatar Topic Author
I've downloaded latest 5.9 driver for SQL Server, and copied all the dlls containing "74" in their names to the ext folder of PHP. Now I wonder which lines of the following ones I need to keep in the php.ini file:

extension=php_pdo_sqlsrv_74_nts_x64.dll
extension=php_sqlsrv_74_nts_x64.dll

extension=php_pdo_sqlsrv_74_nts_x86.dll
extension=php_sqlsrv_74_nts_x86.dll

extension=php_pdo_sqlsrv.dll
extension=php_sqlsrv.dll

Problems installing to MS SQL Server 2019 1 week 3 days ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Sorry - no idea. I'm a unix/mac user. I haven't used microsoft platforms for a decade.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page: