Web based family history software

Question Help?

• nguoiveday
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #1 by nguoiveday
Help? was created by nguoiveday
I have a question, for example a page I don't show the homepage but I want to get the link out but that link doesn't work. For example, I want to get the Statistics page in the genealogy but I don't want to select it. Thanks to everyone for help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #2 by drblam
Replied by drblam on topic Help?
I'm sorry but I do not understand your question.

If you want direct access to the Statistics page, it is always available as the bottom entry on the Charts menu on every page. In webtrees version 1.7.x, the homepage also had a direct link to the Statistics page inside the Statistics block, but it was removed in version 2.0

You can also display the Statistics page in your web browser and copy the URL to create a direct link. For example here is the Statistics page is for the Demo server

• nguoiveday
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #3 by nguoiveday
Replied by nguoiveday on topic Help?
I will not choose from the list of Genealogy as in the picture. But I need to create a separate path.
Attachments:

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #4 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic Help?
Sorry, this is still very unclear.
Can you please elaborate on "does not work" ?
You have the full URL and you can share that. Why doesn't it work?

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by bertkoor.

• nguoiveday
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #5 by nguoiveday
The stats item that is currently enabled is in the pedigree menu, but when it's not activated it won't work. I want to enable it to be in a standalone page, not in the genealogy menu.

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #6 by bertkoor
Activated?? The statistics module is activated, otherwise it would not show up in the diagrams menu.

Is this the same issue as two weeks ago? Then you asked how to add items to the menu.
www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/help...040-how-to-add-menus

The answer remains the same: easiest solution (but still very difficult) is to make a custom theme.

What you can do is put a link to the Statistics page in a Favourites block and you can have a Statistics block on the home page.

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by bertkoor.

• nguoiveday
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #7 by nguoiveday
When I activate it, the statistics page will be in the chart like image 01. I want when the statistics page is activated, it will be located separately for example. As picture 02 *** But when I don't activate the statistics page, it doesn't show up in the pedigree menu
Attachments:

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #8 by Lars1963
Replied by Lars1963 on topic Help?
The only working solution is the one @bertkoor has given you. You have to write you own module or theme.

Lars van Ravenzwaaij - see my family tree at www.ravenzwaaij.info
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Lars1963.

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 6 months ago #9 by bertkoor

The only working solution is the one @bertkoor has given you. You have to write you own module or theme.

Ehrm, nope. Today I learned (by reading between the lines) that JustCarmen created a module for this that should work in webtrees v2:
github.com/JustCarmen/webtrees-simple-menu

I saw some hints that nguoiveday tried this module but we can only guess why that did not ...
Oh THAT's IT! I had to fill in some blanks, some information was not given.
He wants the Statistics removed from the Charts menu. You do that by deactivating the statistics module, and then the direct link used in the SimpleMenu module doesn't work anymore indeed. That's just how it is then, you cannot change that.

• nguoiveday
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #10 by nguoiveday

Ehrm, nope. Today I learned (by reading between the lines) that JustCarmen created a module for this that should work in webtrees v2:
github.com/JustCarmen/webtrees-simple-menu

I saw some hints that nguoiveday tried this module but we can only guess why that did not ...
Oh THAT's IT! I had to fill in some blanks, some information was not given.
He wants the Statistics removed from the Charts menu. You do that by deactivating the statistics module, and then the direct link used in the SimpleMenu module doesn't work anymore indeed. That's just how it is then, you cannot change that.
You got it right. When I have finished activating and taking the link of that statistics page, move to another place. Also, if you turn off the stats page, it won't work
Attachments:

More
2 years 6 months ago #11 by JustCarmen
Replied by JustCarmen on topic Help?
I've read the messages in this topic but it is not clear to me what the problem is. The module simple menu is provided as is. You can use it out of the box or modify the code anyway you like to meet your needs.

Carmen
Designer of the JustLight theme (comes with a light and dark color palette), Fancy Imagebar, Fancy Research Links and Fancy Treeview for webtrees 2

Check my website at www.justcarmen.nl