Web based family history software

Question Cann't connect to webtrees after Backup and Restore

• Strizz
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #1 by Strizz
Hello,

webtrees used to run in an LXC under Proxmox. For the update of Proxmox from 6.4 to 7.2, I completely rebuilt the computer. The backup of the Webtree container and the MariaDB container from Proxmox 6.4 and the restore of both containers to Proxmox 7.2 ran without error messages. Both MariaDB and Nginx are running again in both containers without error messages. Nevertheless - I can no longer call up my website. I am at a loss!
What possibilities are there to search for error sources via the console? Does anyone have an idea where else I could look?

Strizz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Cann't connect to webtrees after Backup and Restore
> I can no longer call up my website

This is a very vague description of the problem.

I've never heard of LXC or Proxmox.

My guess would be PHP-FPM / NGINX configuration.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Strizz
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #3 by Strizz
@fisharebest: Sorry, my computer skills are so small that I always assume what I know, others have known for a long time.

Proxmox is an open source virtualisation platform for running virtual machines. LXC is a Linux container in which various applications run.

"I can no longer call up my website" means that calling up the IP number of my server 192.168.30.70 leads to no reaction from the server. After about 30 seconds, the message appears that the response from webtrees.ulrich-rosenkranz.de took too long. webtrees.ulrich-rosenkranz.de is the external address of my webtrees server.
>My guess would be PHP-FPM / NGINX configuration
Can I check this via the console and if so, how please.
Strizz

More
1 year 8 months ago #4 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Cann't connect to webtrees after Backup and Restore
nginx will proxy the request to some other system to generate the response. php-fpm is the most common option.

nginx waited 30 seconds and received no reponse.

Your nginx config files will tell you how it connects to php-fpm (port, socket, etc.).

Check your php-fpm config files to see where it is listening (port, socket, etc.).

Make sure these are the same.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Strizz
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #5 by Strizz
@fisharebest: My Nginx config is very simple:

server {
listen 80;
server_name 192.168.30.70 webtrees.ulrich-rosenkranz.de stammbaum.ulrich-rosenkranz.de;
root /var/www/webtrees;
index index.php;

location ~ \.php$ {
include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm.sock;
}
}

>Check your php-fpm config files to see where it is listening (port, socket, etc.).
What do you exactly mean by this? Do you mean the snipptes/fastcgi-php.conf? Or are there other php-fpm configs? I could not find other configs.

Normally I am running a ReverseProxy which connects webtrees.ulrich-rosenkranz.de to 192.168.30.70. But at the moment it does not run. The restore of my backup failed unfortunately. Before I start to repair it I think I have to get webtrees running.

Strizz

• Strizz
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #6 by Strizz
I just updated my PHP version to 8.0. Perhaps the attached information from phpinfo.php is helpful for somebody to solve my problem.

Strizz
Attachments:

More
1 year 8 months ago #7 by fisharebest
your nginx config is looking for php 7.4

if you are running php 8.0, it would explain why you get timeout.

• Strizz
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #8 by Strizz
No, I don‘t think so. I sent you the content of my nginx config and later I updated php to version 8 because I read that with webtrees vers. 2.16 you should use php vers. 8.

Of course I changed the corresponding value in the config to 8.0.

Strizz

• Strizz
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #9 by Strizz
Hallo,

just to finalize this thread. My webtrees-server is running again!
The problem is I cannot really say what was the problem. I suppose it was the IP number of my reverse proxy which I changed. But why is the reverse proxy involved when I call my webtrees server from inside my network by its internal number?
Never mind I am happy it is running again.
Thank you very much for your help.

Strizz