Before asking for help please read "Requesting Help and Suggestions" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

[FR] Utiliser les données géographiques 2 weeks 1 day ago #1

• inrepublica
  • inrepublica's Avatar Topic Author
[FR]

Bonjour,
J'auto héberge weebtrees sur un VPS OVH tournant sous yunohost. Je me pose la question des données géographiques. J'ai activé dans les modules ceux-ci:
- Service de cartographie: OpenstreetMap
- Cartes externes: OpenstreetMap
- Géolocalisation: OpenRoutesService (token ok)
- Autocompletion: OpenRoutesService (token ok)

Toutefois j'ai du mal a comprendre le fonctionnement. Si j'essaye une adresse inexistante dans la base de donnée, j'ai un résultat pas parfait. Par exemple je cherche a ajouté le lieux Sorrus (Commune française des hauts de france) j'ai ceci comme résultat:

Sur l'image on voit que la région est sous son nom en Anglais... D'autres part la commune n'a pas hérité des coordonnées géographiques du lieu. Si je clique dessus sur la carte celle-ci n'est pas géocodée.

Enfin sur la façon de gérer les lieux, si j'ai bien compris le lieux ne désigne que la commune? Si je veux être plus préçis j'utilise le champ adresse c'est bien ça?

Merci pour votre aide et ce logiciel très utile.

[EN]

Hello,
I self-host weebtrees on an OVH VPS running yunohost. I'm wondering about geographical data. I have activated this modules:
- Mapping service: OpenstreetMap
- External maps: OpenstreetMap
- Geolocation: OpenRoutesService (token ok)
- Autocompletion: OpenRoutesService (token ok)

However I have trouble understanding how it works. If I try an address that does not exist in the database, I get a not perfect result. For example I try to add the place Sorrus (French commune of the Hauts de France) I have this result:

On the picture you can see that the area is under its name in English... On the other hand the municipality has not inherited the geographical coordinates of the place. If I click on it on the map it is not geocoded.

Finally on the way to manage the places, if I understood correctly the place only designates the municipality... If I want to be more precise I use the address field, is that right?

Thank you for your help and this very useful software.
Webtrees 2.1.7 -> inrepublica.fr/genealogie
hébergé sur un VPS OVH sous Yunohost
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by inrepublica.

[FR] Utiliser les données géographiques 2 weeks 1 day ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> On the picture you can see that the area is under its name in English...

This is the result provided by OpenRouteService. There is no option to specify a language.
openrouteservice.org/dev/#/api-docs/geocode/autocomplete/get

Other regions are also in the wrong language. I see Occitania instead of Occitanie.

Question. Do french users include the region?

Would you write "Pas-de-Calais, France" or "Pas-de-Calais, Hauts-de-France, France" ?

If the former, I can tell webtrees to ignore the region for places in France.

If the latter, you must complain to OpenRouteService...

> On the other hand the municipality has not inherited the geographical coordinates of the place

This must be a separate action.

OpenRouteService (and other providers) do not allow automated lookup. Each lookup must be explicitly requested by a user.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

[FR] Utiliser les données géographiques 2 weeks 11 hours ago #3

• inrepublica
  • inrepublica's Avatar Topic Author

>
This is the result provided by OpenRouteService. There is no option to specify a language.
openrouteservice.org/dev/#/api-docs/geocode/autocomplete/get

Other regions are also in the wrong language. I see Occitania instead of Occitanie.

Question. Do french users include the region?

Would you write "Pas-de-Calais, France" or "Pas-de-Calais, Hauts-de-France, France" ?

If the former, I can tell webtrees to ignore the region for places in France.

If the latter, you must complain to OpenRouteService...

With OpenRouteService API when i try this query:
https://api.openrouteservice.org/geocode/autocomplete?api_key=*******************************&text=sorrus&layers=locality
I have this answer jsoneditoronline.org/#left=cloud.bd907e8...41a794bfea3b4bbc8865 :

The answer of API is ok for me: Sorrus, Montreuil, Pas-de-Calais, Hauts-de-France, France.
Webtrees 2.1.7 -> inrepublica.fr/genealogie
hébergé sur un VPS OVH sous Yunohost
Attachments:

Last edit: by inrepublica.

[FR] Utiliser les données géographiques 1 week 6 days ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Maybe openstreetmap provides different results because I am in the UK and you are in France???
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page: