Before asking for help please read "Requesting Help and Suggestions" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Life-span module 2 days 20 hours ago #1

• sevtor
  • sevtor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
Recently I started to use the lifespan module. There it is easy to find persons that miss dates for birth and death. But when I click on the names, clearly indicated as links, the same page is reloaded, which is not what I had expected. After some experiments I realized that the link was "#" which gives that result. By removing the hash mark a much better effect is achieved: a small popup window with the persons name, birth date and death date appears. The name in there

File Attachment:

File Name: lifespans.txt
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: lifespans.txt
File Size:1 KB
is a link to that person's individual page. Probably this was the intention from the beginning.

A patch is included (lifespans.txt). The exact definition of how href="" shall be interpreted has not been found, but it works in Firefox, Chrome and Edge. When hovering with the cursor over a name it is highlighted as a link, which is good. If href="" is completely removed the name is not shown as a link when hovering over it although it is still clickable, which is not intuitively clear.

I use webtrees 2.1.7 on desktop PC with Linux (Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS). Actually it works without patch when I try version 2.0.19 which I still have installed!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sevtor. Reason: adding system info

Life-span module 2 days 18 hours ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> But when I click on the names, clearly indicated as links, the same page is reloaded, which is not what I had expected.

I do not see this. When I click on a name, I see a popup window with the details. When I click again, the window closes.
The page is not reloaded.

Do you also see this on the demo site? dev.webtrees.net/demo-stable

What is the URL of your site? Can I see the problem there?
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Life-span module 1 day 22 hours ago #3

• sevtor
  • sevtor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
Apparently this problem only shows up in my private installation. It does not appear on another site with the same info (webtrees 2.1.7 and same gedcom file).
I have to investigate what happens here!

Please close this topic, I have to investigate what happens here!

• Page: