Before asking for help please read "Requesting Help and Suggestions" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

_XXX Convert Problem 2 weeks 4 days ago #1

• vdrumsroland
  • vdrumsroland's Avatar Topic Author
I just attempted to process one name. For some reason it doesn't write the info within the form when processed.
Also, is there a quick way to add "birth name" to the type of name to individuals where it's missing?
Here is the one I did with screenshots.
Francis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

_XXX Convert Problem 2 weeks 4 days ago #2

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
My guess is this record got converted from v1.7. There in one name the married surname was also recorded. Later the preference moved to separate name records.

Anyway, what's missing is the breakdown in parts. Then webtrees treats the name special.

Just copy & paste the given and surname into their form fields.
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

_XXX Convert Problem 2 weeks 4 days ago #3

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> I just attempted to process one name. For some reason it doesn't write the info within the form when processed.

I'm not sure what you are saying.

The _XXX convert function has a preview button. Perhaps post a screenshot of that preview?
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

_XXX Convert Problem 2 weeks 4 days ago #4

• vdrumsroland
Here are two more examples. One just like the first, one is missing the Type (birth). The other I modified prior to the data fix and added the Type. The out come was the same with the form/GEDCOM file missing the details.

I don't mind to copy/paste the info but, doesn't that defeat the purpose of running the data fix?

Last edit: by vdrumsroland.

_XXX Convert Problem 2 weeks 4 days ago #5

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The fix will change

1 NAME Mary /White/
2 _MARNM Mary /Black/

into

1 NAME Mary /White/
1 NAME Mary /Black/
2 TYPE MARRIED

If I understand correctly, you are saying that it should also have added
"1 TYPE BIRTH" to the first name, and "2 GIVN Mary/2 SURN Black" to the second?

We don't do the former? - Because we don't know that "Mary White" is the birth name. It might just be previous married name.

Why don't we do the latter? Because we cannot know whether "Mary" is a given name, a name-prefix, or whatever.
Not all names are written "given-names /surname/"
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Last edit: by fisharebest. Reason: typo

_XXX Convert Problem 2 weeks 1 day ago #6

• vdrumsroland
Thank you for your quick answer and after your explanation, I understand it.

As far as clearing up the confusion about my original question. It was basically a two part question.
1. What you just explained. Thank you.
2. The "2 TYPE BIRTH".

I think you've already answered the second question within your explanation but I want to make sure. I use to not add the Type Birth to the names so now I have individuals missing it. I'm currently going thru all of the married women and manually adding it to them as I run the _XXX fix and adding the given, etc. This leaves me with males and unmarried females that need the addition of the "2 TYPE BIRTH".
The question, is there a way to add this quickly without manually doing it? Something like the _XXX convert function that would search for the missing "2 TYPE _____"? We could then add what we would want there, BIRTH, MARRIED, etc. Find & Replace if you will.

Last edit: by vdrumsroland.

_XXX Convert Problem 2 weeks 1 day ago #7

• Bogie
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Life is good!
If you have access to the tables of your database you could search for those records.
SELECT i_id, i_sex, i_gedcom FROM wt_individuals WHERE i_gedcom NOT LIKE '% BIRTH%'

If you need to change a special tree append the following and modify the number accodingly
AND i_file = '1'

If you are looking only for men or women append the following and modify 'M' or 'F'
AND i_sex = 'M'
Bogie
webtrees 2.1.16 | PHP 8.1.13 | MariaDB 10.5.18 | Apache on Ubuntu 12.9
AutoComplete places of @tkempf, chart modules of @magicsunday, Fancy treeview of @justCarmen

• Page: