This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

TOPIC: Problems after update to PHP 5.5.0

Problems after update to PHP 5.5.0 6 years 6 days ago #1

• hlein
  • Junior
Hi,

my provider has recently upgraded to PHP 5.5.0. Since that date it is not possible to enter/edit data any more. I.e. the edit buttons have disappeared for the events.

Example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ru16fneysqf7pg/webtrees-edit.jpg

PHP-info:
unmht://www.dropbox.com.unmht/https.5/s/xvxlaxy5fmdgbqj/phpinfo.mht/

I have not yet figured out if it is a general problem with PHP 5.5 or it is the specific installation of the provider.
Regards
Helmut
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problems after update to PHP 5.5.0 6 years 6 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
Yes, it is a problem with PHP5.5 - others have reported it.

You may be able to ignore these errors by changing the parameters to error_reporting() in the file includes/session.php.

PHP 5.5 issues are all (hopefully!) fixed in the next release of webtrees (1.5.0). This is still under development, and will not be ready for release for at least another month.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Problems after update to PHP 5.5.0 6 years 6 days ago #3

• hlein
  • Junior
Thanks, I think I could bypass it. Edit buttons reappeared (maybe a problem of another webtrees version - 1.4.1 - together with PHP ?)
Regards
Helmut

Problems after update to PHP 5.5.0 6 years 22 hours ago #4

• Buovjaga
You might want to check with your host, if there is an option to specify the version of PHP to use by an option in the .htaccess or some other simple method. At least OVH Hosting offers the .htaccess option. I consider it a sign of true professionalism.
Last Edit: 6 years 22 hours ago by Buovjaga.