This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

TOPIC: HTML block edit screen

HTML block edit screen 5 years 6 months ago #1

• ttspencer
Novice's question: how do I edit an HTML block?

I logged in as an Administrator, selected My Page/Administration, then Users/Set the default blocks, and moved an HTML Block to the Main Section of the default page. When I went to the site as an unregistered guest, there was no sign of the HTML block, presumably 'cause there's nothing in it.

I can't find the edit screen, for this 'default page' HTML block, on the Administration page (or anywhere else). Can someone direct me how to access the edit screen?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HTML block edit screen 5 years 6 months ago #2

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
ttspencer wrote:
Novice's question: how do I edit an HTML block?

Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com, a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

HTML block edit screen 5 years 6 months ago #3

• Jackie
  • Platinum
Hi ttspencer,

I logged in as an Administrator, selected My Page/Administration, then Users/Set the default blocks, and moved an HTML Block to the Main Section of the default page. When I went to the site as an unregistered guest, there was no sign of the HTML block, presumably 'cause there's nothing in it.

I can't find the edit screen, for this 'default page' HTML block, on the Administration page (or anywhere else). Can someone direct me how to access the edit screen?

As a visitor you will see the HOME page. What you did was setting the page MY PAGE !

Don't go on Administration section.

1- Log in as administrator (ONLY the LOGGED IN admin can change the blocks on the home page)
2- Go to HOME page NOT the page My page and NOT on Administration page
How to do that ? In the horizontal top Menu you should see and icon named « Home Page », click on it.

3- Go down to the bottom of HOME page until you see a sentence "Change the blocks on this page" (it is located in the middle of the page in the footer)
4- Click on this link "Change the blocks on this page". That is where you change and set the blocks of the HOME page.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Jackie.

HTML block edit screen 5 years 6 months ago #4

• ttspencer
Thanks for the help - question answered!