Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question Gender (Sex)

• macalter
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by macalter
Gender (Sex) was created by macalter
When an Indi is male, I can click the male icon in the "Name bar" and change gender. Same too for female. However, if the Indi gender is Unknown, the same cannot be done.

I tried the Demo (stable) using Xena (in case it's theme) and did not reproduce. Although my first attempt did take several clicks (then opening several edit windows).

Confused.

---
macalter
webtrees 2.1.18
Mac.alter [update: 24 Jan 2024]
webtrees 2.1.18 | PHP Version 8.1.17 | mySQL 8.1 | MacOS 10.15.17

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 8 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Gender (Sex)
A bug - however, the "Edit sex" option in the menu should still work.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by kiwi
Replied by kiwi on topic Gender (Sex)

fisharebest wrote: A bug - however, the "Edit sex" option in the menu should still work.

A bug where? I just tried it on Demo (stable) and it worked fine for me.

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by kiwi
I've just noticed that "Demo-stable" is not actually that at all, its 1.4.4 SVN. Perhaps that's the difference? I thought the idea was to have a demo of the publicly-downloadable standard release?

• macalter
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 8 months ago #5 by macalter
Replied by macalter on topic Gender (Sex)

kiwi wrote: I've just noticed that "Demo-stable" is not actually that at all, its 1.4.4 SVN. Perhaps that's the difference? I thought the idea was to have a demo of the publicly-downloadable standard release?

I didn't check bugs because I thought the Demo worked and it's same version as mine (now not true), it was my copy. Yes, I can use the menu.

---
macalter
webtrees 2.1.18

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #6 by kiwi

macalter wrote: I didn't check bugs because I thought the Demo worked and it's same version as mine (now not true), it was my copy. Yes, I can use the menu.

Searching bugs would not have helped. There is no bug reported related to this issue. I think Greg may have misunderstood your question. I have now thoroughly checked your report using an absolutely standard release of 1.4.3. I have no problem using the gender-icon in the "Name bar". I can change from any gender to any gender, in any theme.

So the problem is entirely at your end I'm afraid. Not much more help we can give without looking at your site.

But you did quote trying it in the "Xena" theme. I hope that was a typo, as there is no such theme. There is a standard "xenea" theme, or there is an add-on from eyolf called "xeneo". I've tested the standard, but not the add-on. But regardless, the issue you describe is unlikely to be theme-related, (at a guess).
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by kiwi.

• macalter
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 8 months ago #7 by macalter
Replied by macalter on topic Gender (Sex)

kiwi wrote:

macalter wrote: But you did quote trying it in the "Xena" theme. I hope that was a type, as there is no such theme. There is a standard "xenea" theme, or there is an add-on from eyolf called "xeneo". I've tested the standard, but not the add-on. But regardless, the issue you describe is unlikely to be theme-related, (at a guess).

I'm constantly calling it Xena. I do mean the standard issue Xenea.

---
macalter
webtrees 2.1.18

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 8 months ago #8 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Gender (Sex)
The problem is not caused by unknown sex (1 SEX U). It is caused by the absense of any SEX record. The edit link fails because there is nothing to edit.

The "stable" branch contains a couple of fixes that were back-ported into the 1.4 branch and will be included as a 1.4.4 release.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net