Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question histo.de.php in data-directory destroys display

• HonkXL
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by HonkXL
Hi,

I want to display historical events in the person view. I created a file "histo.de.php" in the data directory. File is UTF-8 without BOM and with the content below. When this file is present, I just get a large white space below the headers of the person. But no historical datas. Whats wrong?
Code:
<?php // Beginning of the file histo.xx.php // Install this file in the /data folder of webtrees under the name histo.xx.php // File used to display Historical facts on individual page // Each line is a GEDCOM style record to describe an event, including newline chars (\n) // File to be renamed : histo.xx.php where xx is language code // // $Id: histo.demo.php 4028 2008-10-07 15:00:38Z fisharebest $ if (!defined('WT_WEBTREES')) { header('HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden'); exit; } $histo[] = "1 EVEN\n2 TYPE Bau der Berliner Mauer\n2 DATE 13 AUG 1961\n2 NOTE symbolischer "Tag des Mauerbaus", s. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berliner_Mauer"; /* End of the file histo.xx.php */ ?>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic histo.de.php in data-directory destroys display
You cannot include " characters in your data.

Either prefix it with a backslash - \" - or use typograhpic quotation marks - “”
Code:
... symbolischer \"Tag des Mauerbaus\", s. http ...

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by fisharebest.

• HonkXL
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by HonkXL
Thank you - now it works. I just copied this text from the wiki...

More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic histo.de.php in data-directory destroys display
I just updated the wiki

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net