Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question Should the system produce an Activation Email ?

• championc
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #1 by championc
Hi all,

When a new user registers, they get the email requesting them to validate their request, so I know the system is able to send emails correctly. However, when I go in and activate a registration to allow the user to access the site, is there a way to make the system send an email to the user when I complete and confirm their access to the site ?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by Jackie
Hello champion,

That was discussed before on the forum. Most of us think it is the task of the site administrator (or manager) to welcome his new user and inform him about general rules of the site.

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Should the system produce an Activation Email ?

championc wrote: is there a way to make the system send an email to the user when I complete and confirm their access to the site ?

When you change the "approved" setting from "no" to "yes", and the user has not previously logged in, the system *should* send an email to the user, with the following text

'The administrator at the webtrees site %s has approved your application for an account. You may now login by accessing the following link: %s'

(The code is in save.php, around line 260). It worked last time I tested it....

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• championc
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #4 by championc
Replied by championc on topic Should the system produce an Activation Email ?
OK, it turned out that emails were being sent to the users Junk mailbox because I had left the Reply email address to noreply......

All OK now, thanks