Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question SQL Problems ! ! !

• Lakai9000
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #1 by Lakai9000
SQL Problems ! ! ! was created by Lakai9000
Hello.

I updated my gedcom and now this problem popup :( :( :(

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1226 User 'slaegt2014' has exceeded the 'max_updates_per_hour' resource (current value: 30000)' in /mounted-storage/home134/sub020/sc83703-AGVA/mikkelsen-slaegt.dk/Slaegt/library/WT/DBStatement.php:85 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /mounted-storage/home134/sub020/sc83703-AGVA/mikkelsen-slaegt.dk/Slaegt/library/WT/DBStatement.php(85): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /mounted-storage/home134/sub020/sc83703-AGVA/mikkelsen-slaegt.dk/Slaegt/includes/session.php(309) : runtime-created function(1): WT_DBStatement->__call('execute', Array) #3 /mounted-storage/home134/sub020/sc83703-AGVA/mikkelsen-slaegt.dk/Slaegt/includes/session.php(309) : runtime-created function(1): WT_DBStatement->execute(Array) #4 [internal function]: __lambda_func('a274fc4332c01e9...') #5 /mounted-storage/home134/sub020/sc83703-AGVA/mikkelsen-slaegt.dk/Slaegt/library/Zend/Session.php(315): session_regene in /mounted-storage/home134/sub020/sc83703-AGVA/mikkelsen-slaegt.dk/Slaegt/library/WT/DBStatement.php on line 85

ERROR 8: Use of undefined constant WT_USER_ID - assumed 'WT_USER_ID'
0 Error occurred on line 1 of file session.php(308) : runtime-created function in function __lambda_func
1 called from

Fatal error: Call to a member function getClientIp() on a non-object in /mounted-storage/home134/sub020/sc83703-AGVA/mikkelsen-slaegt.dk/Slaegt/includes/authentication.php on line 197

PLEASE HELP ME :( :( :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic SQL Problems ! ! !
Your web host has placed a limit on the number of times you can access your database in each hour.

You have exceeded this limit.

Your choices are:

1) wait an hour
2) find a less restrictive web host.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Lakai9000
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #3 by Lakai9000
Replied by Lakai9000 on topic SQL Problems ! ! !
This means that in an hour so does the website again ??

More
9 years 10 months ago #4 by fisharebest
In one hour, your website should start working again.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Lakai9000
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #5 by Lakai9000
It´s ok again :)

What about now that I've uploaded my gedcom file. So all my pictures disappeared under unused files in Images and Media into administration. How can this be?

Sorry my english :)

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #6 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic SQL Problems ! ! !
Hello Lakai9000,

You don't need to apologise for your Eglish, since it's fine for this purpose.

With a restriction like this imposed by your web hosting provider, it might be that in some time your tree grows and consequently you cannot upload or download it anymore without hitting the limit. Think of the situation that only the persons are imported and halfway the process of importing the families it gets this error. Then you are stuck.

I'd advise to either look for a better (more expensive?) hosting company, or stop "round-tripping" (the process of editing gedcom data with desktop software and uploading that into webtrees) Maybe it takes some getting used to, but webtrees is perfectly suitable for all editing tasks and can rival with most desktop software. But even when you don't round-trip, there will come a day in the future that you won't be able to make a download of your gedcom data for backup purposes. So it's best to have a word with your hosting provider about this. webtrees is rather heavy on database usage alas...

Lakai9000 wrote: all my pictures disappeared under unused files in Images and Media into administration. How can this be?

It's probably the Media Path setting used during import. See this post for a simular issue with description how it should work. Alas couldn't find a useful Wiki article on this subject.

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bertkoor.

• Lakai9000
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #7 by Lakai9000
I've talked with my provider. They wrote this for me.

we're GEDCOM expert. Your coder talking about \ "With a restriction like this imposed by your web hosting provider .. \". What limits does he mean? In fact, there's no upload limit. How do you upload the file? Via http or via ftp? If you want to upload a file larger than 5MB, we recommend using FTP file. If it is necessary to increase some limits, tell and please which

Sincerely,
Helge, Support
Servage Hosting

More
9 years 10 months ago #8 by fisharebest

If it is necessary to increase some limits, tell and please which

User 'slaegt2014' has exceeded the 'max_updates_per_hour' resource (current value: 30000)'

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 10 months ago #9 by bertkoor
It's a limit in the MySql Database updates, not files. I hope that helps...

• Lakai9000
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #10 by Lakai9000
Thank you for your help. Now it runs as it should.

Just one more question. For the good it has nothing to do with SQL, but in my theme.php how do I get my search box more visible? I would like to have a black border all the way around my search box if you understand me.

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #11 by bertkoor

Lakai9000 wrote: in my theme.php how do I get my search box more visible? I would like to have a black border all the way around my search box if you understand me.

Even more visible? Most users have no problem finding it, because it's at the conventional location (top right) of the page. But since you want it, that would be a change in the CSS, not in theme.php. That is, if there already is a DIV element with a unique class surrounding the search text and the magnifying glass icon. I haven't got access to the underlying generated html at the moment. Better ask the question again in the Customising subforum , maybe I'll get back to you when I got around installing Chrome on this new PC.

Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bertkoor.