This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

TOPIC: medialist.php reverts back to root

medialist.php reverts back to root 4 years 3 months ago #1

• gbon
Dear group.

In the previous version 1.4.5 I changed something that caused entering www.bonbonbon.net to revert to www.bonbonbon.net/webtrees/ I was very happy!
Then I upgraded to 1.4.6 this morning. Now when I enter www.bonbonbon.net, the site returns a 404, "bonbonbon.net/medialist.php" So, for some reason it doesn't find the subdomain anymore. Also, entering www.bonbonbon.net/webtrees/ directly, reverts to www.bonbonbon.net/medialist.php . I think this is curious behaviour.

Is sombebody able to tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks in advance! Gerrit.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by gbon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

medialist.php reverts back to root 4 years 3 months ago #2

• bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
If you wish to have webtrees in your domain root, then why not simply put it there to begin with? Just move everything from the public_html/webtrees folder up one level. Maybe you had some stuff doing redirection in a .htaccess file. webtrees is not capable of doing that to my knowledge.

NB: this is not a subdomain, for example http :// webtrees.bonbonbon.net would be a proper subdomain.

NB2: I just tested it, and bonbonbon.net redirects to bonbonbon.net/webtrees
So all is well as far as I can see. Just don't expect that specific pages (like media.php) are being redirected as well.
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.9
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by bertkoor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: makitso