This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

how to delete a family? 6 years 3 months ago #21

• gbon
  • gbon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Greg for helping me!

I'm looking at the log right now. webtrees administered 2 new errors since reinstalling action.php:
2015-01-31 22:04:08 ERROR 8: Undefined variable: gedcom; 0 Error occurred on line 102 of file action.php. But functionality is okay now!

Apart from this error it shows 253 errors since 01-01-2012, mainly the same errors:
1- ERROR 2: file_get_contents(ws.geonames.org/searchJSON?
2- ERROR 2: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'WT/Session.php' for inclusion
3- ERROR 8: Undefined offset: 1; 0 Error occurred on line 182 of file edit_interface.php

And up to 2014-11-08:

4- ERROR 8: Undefined index: geonames; 0 Error occurred on line 261 of file autocomplete.php

Error 1 occurs most of the time. I take it 1 and 4 are related to eachother. Error 1 occurs 89 times, beginning in November 2014.

I might be losing focus in this thread as the main problem is solved now: how to delete a family. Maybe I should go to another section for the log-results?

Tia, Gerrit Bon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

how to delete a family? 6 years 3 months ago #22

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

ERROR 8: Undefined variable: gedcom; 0 Error occurred on line 102 of file action.php. But functionality is okay now!

This means that if you delete the only individual in a family, the family itself will not be deleted automatically.

Undefined index: geonames; 0 Error occurred on line 261 of file autocomplete.php

This is because the Geonames server started requiring a username.

Both have been fixed in the current code.

Back-porting fixes into the 1.4 branch is a low priority. I'll do major bugs (i.e. that corrupt data) or security issues - but I have little time for low-impact issues like this.

It would be better for you to upgrade your server (or ask your host to upgrade) so you can use the latest version of webtrees.
PHP5.2 went out of support over 4 years ago!
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

how to delete a family? 6 years 3 months ago #23

• gbon
  • gbon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Greg,

I completely understand and support your priority. I'm grateful for your help and replies. I forwarded your mail about the php-upgrade to my ISP, but it might be a first step to changing the provider.

Finally, this topic can be considered closed. Thanks everybody for your input!

• Page: