This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.4.6). For issues related to beta or git version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

TOPIC: Lost Password

Lost Password 2 years 8 months ago #1

• dick
  • New
I have lost my password and when I do a reset it does not send it to my Email. I did a reset for the forum password but it does not work in my site. My site is barmannsbar.com
Thank you.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
barmannsbar.com/webtrees
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lost Password 2 years 8 months ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> I have lost my password and when I do a reset it does not send it to my Email.

I guess you did not configure your web server to send email...

> I did a reset for the forum password but it does not work in my site.

That won't work. Diffrerent sites. Different passwords.

Your best option is to update the password directly in the database. I presume you can access your database - e.g. using phpMyAdmin or some other control panel.

Find your account in the table wt_user and set the password entry to "$1$OhXPSaXo$dPoqIjEM5H18dibHdfVJI0". This is the encrypted version of "password". You'll then be able to log in and change it.

www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/2-op...user-questions#48858
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Lost Password 2 years 8 months ago #3

• dick
  • New
Could you please update that again for me. I am the only one that uses the computer and I have started to write down my passwords because of my age. I tried to do what you suggested a while back by going to the wt_users but I could not open the database. I will write every thing down this time so I will try not to bother you again. I have 3 obits to enter and am trying to find a younger relative to carry this on. The younger generation does not seem to know the importance of keeping a genealogy record.
Dick
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
barmannsbar.com/webtrees
Moderators: makitso