Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.5.x). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question possible restrictions on marriage events

• Bogie
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Life is good!
More
9 years 7 months ago #1 by Bogie
In some cases when I add a source to an event I also add a picture to the source and set a privacy RESN tag to the picture. Additionally I have a general privacy RESN tag for sources. In those cases all events are shown to visitors and sources and pictures are not. The only exception are some marraige events which are only shown when being logged in.

The event looks like
1 MARR
2 DATE 02 OCT 1874
2 PLAC Stralsund, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Deutschland
2 SOUR @S79@
3 DATA
4 DATE 02 OCT 1874
3 QUAY 3
3 OBJE @M364@

The object looks like
1 FILE D_name_certificate.jpg
2 FORM jpeg
3 TYPE document
2 TITL Name - Certificate
1 RESN privacy

I don't have a general RESN tag for marriages and other marraiges without any source or picture are shown to visitors as expected.

Any idea how all marriage events could be shown to visitors without sources and pictures?

Bogie
webtrees 2.1.19 | PHP 8.1.27 | MariaDB 10.5.23 | Apache on Ubuntu 12.9
AutoComplete places of @tkempf, chart modules of @magicsunday, Fancy treeview of @justCarmen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic possible restrictions on marriage events

The only exception are some marraige events which are only shown when being logged in

Family events are shown when all members of the family are visible.

My guess is that this family has a child who is still living. Hence all family facts are private.

You could add a "show to visitors" restriction to this FAM record.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Bogie
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Life is good!
More
9 years 7 months ago #3 by Bogie
Replied by Bogie on topic possible restrictions on marriage events
Thank you, Greg, that might be an explanation.

That means, as long as any family member is still private even if all members are just dead the FAM events wouldn't be shown?

Bogie
webtrees 2.1.19 | PHP 8.1.27 | MariaDB 10.5.23 | Apache on Ubuntu 12.9
AutoComplete places of @tkempf, chart modules of @magicsunday, Fancy treeview of @justCarmen

More
9 years 7 months ago #4 by eh215
Replied by eh215 on topic possible restrictions on marriage events
Bogie

That means, as long as any family member is still private even if all members are just dead the FAM events wouldn't be shown?

Yes. If a family member is private for any reason
  • marked private,
  • still living,
  • presumed living because no date of death is recorded and they are younger than the Age at which to assume an individual is dead
  • or they are dead, but not yet yet beyond the age for Extend privacy to dead individuals,
then the family relationship is considered private. A visitor will be able to see any public individuals, but will not be able to see the relationship or connections among them, because to do so would "leak" information about the "private" individual.

I will often place a note explaining this with individuals ( link ) because family members visiting don't generally remember this, although I'll admit the notes aren't as consistent as they should be.

EH