Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.5.x). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

Question (solved) cookie error on login (altervista.org )

• Sartori
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #21 by Sartori
Replied by Sartori on topic cookie error on login
Thank you again for your availability and your patient.
Yes, FTP connection suck, this because they don't want that users uses their space as a cloud ... sure it had more sense few years ago than now... anyway.... I saw that if I set up 10 simultaneous connections on my FTP client it go much faster since the files are very small... but I think you already done it.

About the free hosting, yes I'm serious when I say that I want to use one. Even if I start my genealogy experience some years ago I'm still on the first beginning because I do not have time to it... and it can takes really a lot of time...
Now I have some spare time, but it is very likely that I will have to stop my research again maybe for years.
I do not want to invest money in an annual feed for something that I will not use at all maybe for few years.
I hope this make sense.

Carlo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sartori
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #22 by Sartori
I tried also the 1.4.6 version of webtrees, with the same error...
I do not have any other arrows on my bow....

Thank you again for your help and availability
Carlo

More
9 years 6 months ago #23 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic cookie error on login
Try editing the file includes/session.php and changing the line

define('WT_SESSION_NAME', 'WT_SESSION');

to

define('WT_SESSION_NAME', 'PHPSESSID');

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
More
9 years 6 months ago #24 by ToyGuy
Replied by ToyGuy on topic cookie error on login
I can't even get the install setup to display. It falls on

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '__DIR__/composer/autoload_real.php' (include_path='.:') in /membri/webtrees/webtrees/library/autoload.php on line 5

I suspect that this is a script being blocked by the PHP.ini configuration.

Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

More
9 years 6 months ago #25 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic cookie error on login
@ToyGuy, that simply looks like the installation is incomplete. He said he had a very slow upload speed. Perhaps he hasn't finished uploading it....

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• ToyGuy
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #26 by ToyGuy
OK, fixed that with a change from PHP 5.2 ro PHP 5.3.
After the sessions change Greg suggested. immediate login and access to the admin page to create a tree.
Created a tree and then replaced it with a GEDCOM import.

As it was importing, an error message was shown and the system was toast:

È stata superata la soglia massima di operazioni che il database può eseguire in un'ora, è necessario potenziare il database ad una classe superiore, se il problema persiste avvisa il webmaster del sito

ERROR 256: PDO::exec() [ www.mysql.com/doc ]: 715

Notice: Use of undefined constant WT_TBLPREFIX - assumed 'WT_TBLPREFIX' in /membri/webtrees/webtrees/library/WT/DB.php on line 206
È stata superata la soglia massima di operazioni che il database può eseguire in un'ora, è necessario potenziare il database ad una classe superiore, se il problema persiste avvisa il webmaster del sito

Fatal error: PDOStatement::execute() [ www.mysql.com/doc ]: 715 in /membri/webtrees/webtrees/library/WT/DBStatement.php on line 85

I am going to trash the tables, reinstall and try a smaller gedcom (this on wasn't terrible big).

Ah ha- Altervista.org certainly isn't going to work on importing any decent size family tree since the QUERIES are very limited. Likely to break too anytime someone does a series of searches and more:

You have exceeded the maximum threshold of database operations that can be performed in an hour, you must upgrade the database to a higher class, if the problem persists notifies the webmaster of the site

"Error

SQL query: SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'character_set_results'

MySQL said: Documentation #1226 - User 'webtrees' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 20000) "

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by ToyGuy.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #27 by Jackie
Replied by Jackie on topic cookie error on login

Sartori wrote: can you suggest me an other good free hosting?
thank you
Carlo

Hello Carlo,

Well, searching Google will give you a whole bunch of free web hosting. Though, I noticed on the forum that some users had their webtrees on the Web host One.com (first year is free).

Wikipedia "Comparison of free web hosting services" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_web_hosting_services
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Jackie.

• ToyGuy
More
9 years 6 months ago #28 by ToyGuy
Carlo
Jackie's comparison shows your host in excellent light as compared to the others, but that chart fails to mention the very tight restriction that it places on in/out db activity. webtrees is very resource intensive and can place big demands on the DB, especially during the import/export process and major searches as well as some charts and reports. If your tree is very, very small, you may be able to cope, but I would also be concerned about the 'no-archive' clause.

• Sartori
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #29 by Sartori
At the moment, as I told, I'm at the first beginning and my gedcom has only 250 names.
I will try to use Altervista for a wile.
when the number of names will grow over altrrvista limits I think I have to pay for a good hosting or a pubblic ip.

Thank you agin
Carlo

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #30 by Jackie
Replied by Jackie on topic cookie error on login

Sartori wrote: Thank you again for your availability and your patient.
Yes, FTP connection suck, this because they don't want that users uses their space as a cloud ... sure it had more sense few years ago than now... anyway.... I saw that if I set up 10 simultaneous connections on my FTP client it go much faster since the files are very small... but I think you already done it.

About the free hosting, yes I'm serious when I say that I want to use one. Even if I start my genealogy experience some years ago I'm still on the first beginning because I do not have time to it... and it can takes really a lot of time...
Now I have some spare time, but it is very likely that I will have to stop my research again maybe for years.
I do not want to invest money in an annual feed for something that I will not use at all maybe for few years.
I hope this make sense.

Carlo

Hello Carlo,

Another solution would be to simply install webtrees on a local server. This would cost nothing and would leave you some time to get use to webtrees.
You may install Xampp on your computer. Xampp has Italian language.
www.apachefriends.org/it/index.html
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Jackie.

• Sartori
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #31 by Sartori
the reason why i want to use webtrees is because i want to have access to my data from different place (home, work, my paents home, my parenta in low home etc.)
If i install webtrees local i will need a pibblic ip for access to it from everywhere, and it has a cost.
I will use this way when the database will grow.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Carlo.

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
9 years 6 months ago #32 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic cookie error on login
Hi Sartori,

Decent web hosting doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. Some time ago I visited a website where the webmaster asked for donations because the hosting costed him $500 each month. I think that was true 20 years ago, but nowadays not anymore.

The hosting provider I use costs just €1,50 per month. For a hobby that's not much. Even fishing is more expensive. In the USA prices are a bit higher than here in Holland. I don't know the situation at your location (Italy??) but still you probably can get decent hosting for a fair price.

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

• Sartori
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #33 by Sartori
Problem solved.
Thanks to all
Carlo

• bertkoor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
9 years 6 months ago #34 by bertkoor

Sartori wrote: Problem solved.

May I ask (for future reference) what the solution was?

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

• Sartori
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #35 by Sartori

fisharebest wrote: Try editing the file includes/session.php and changing the line

define('WT_SESSION_NAME', 'WT_SESSION');

to

define('WT_SESSION_NAME', 'PHPSESSID');