This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.5.x). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

TOPIC: Wilde-Ehe

Wilde-Ehe 4 years 9 months ago #1

• Forscher
  • New
Hello,

I´m not sure how I should add a "Wild-Ehe" (it´s german).

For the reader which hear this the first time. These are two people who live together a long time without having married or engaged.

Using the default values I had found nothing suitable. So I build my own event "Wilde-Ehe" with the Type "Beziehung/relationship", the date and the place. But I´m not very happy with this solution. I think there should be another standard value for this. A lot of young people live a long time together before the married (for me it was 12 years).

Has this problem someone else solved more elegant?

Cheers
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wilde-Ehe 4 years 9 months ago #2

• hermann
  • New
I use in such cases the normal family structure, but without a marriage event (all other families have a marriage event even when I don't know date or place). To make it more explicit, you can use in such "wilde Ehe" families the following GEDCOM tags (user specific but supported by several programs):
1 _STAT NOT MARRIED
1 _NMR Y
webtrees 1.7.9 (many additional modules); PHP 7.0.15;
ahnen.hartenthaler.eu/

Wilde-Ehe 4 years 9 months ago #3

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
hermann wrote:
To make it more explicit, you can use in such "wilde Ehe" families the following GEDCOM tags (user specific but supported by several programs):
1 _STAT NOT MARRIED
1 _NMR Y

I would recommend the "Not married" tag (1 _NMR Y). webtrees understands this tag, and will use it to calculate relationship names (e.g. "partner" instead of "husband" or "wife").
hermann wrote:
all other families have a marriage event even when I don't know date or place

I prefer to have no marriage event when there is no information. If there is no "marriage" event and also no "not married" event, webtrees will assume the couple are married, when calculating relationship names, etc.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Wilde-Ehe 4 years 9 months ago #4

• Forscher
  • New
Thanks, the "not married"-Event (_NMR) was a good hint. I think I'll use it.

For those who do not find the setting:

administraion menu -> your tree under famliy tree -> Edit options -> All family facts -> click on "find a fact or event" or add "_NMR" to the text -> save all

Cheers