This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.0/1). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Place hierarchy 5 years 8 months ago #1

• petergrass
  • petergrass's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have a problem with top level place hierarchy. Depending of the chosen language I have a country location listed as either “ukendt”, “unknown” or “unbekannt”.

When clicking on “ukendt” the URL leads to nowhere.

In Control panel -> Changes log I have searched for “ukendt” (Danish) without luck. I downloaded the Gedcom-file and searced in that too.

I searched for “ukendt” in Google Maps preferences – Geographic data and Place check, still no luck.

In phpMyAdmin I looked for the “ukendt” in the tables wt_placelinks, wt_placelocation and wt_places.

Does anyone have a suggestion for where to locate and delete this “unknown” location?

webtrees 1.7.1
grass.dk/webtrees/placelist.php?ged=GrassRoots

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Place hierarchy 5 years 8 months ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
If you create an "empty" placename, it is shown as "unknown".

For example, "Cromer, , England" will display as "Cromer, unknown, England"

If you look at the full list of places grass.dk/webtrees/placelist.php?display=list you will see a place name that ends with ",".

Perhaps this individual grass.dk/webtrees/individual.php?pid=I1627&ged=GrassRoots
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Place hierarchy 5 years 8 months ago #3

• petergrass
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Greg that solved my problem

[SOLVED] Place hierarchy 5 years 8 months ago #4

• petergrass
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Problem solved.

• Page: