This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] How to hide a (custom) tag

How to hide a (custom) tag 2 weeks 18 hours ago #1

• Peter_S
  • Junior
I am using a custom tag (_OLDKEY) in the INDI and the FAM record for internal use.
The tag is shown in the list of facts.

- Is it possible to show these tags only for the managers? In the section Control panel - Family trees - Privacy - Restrictions I can not add a custom tag.
- Is it possible to hide specific tags in general - only shown in the GEDCOM raw data?
- Is it possible to assign a tag to the section Extra Information instead of the fact list, like _UID?

I am looking for a solution without changing the code. Is it possible via Control panel?

Best regards
Peter
webtrees 1.7.15 and 2.0.0
PHP 7.3.12, MySQL 5.7.25
Webhosting: genonline.de
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to hide a (custom) tag 2 weeks 18 hours ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> I am using a custom tag (_OLDKEY)

I presume "1 OLDKEY" (not "2 OLDKEY").

> In the section Control panel - Family trees - Privacy - Restrictions I can not add a custom tag.

This option will show all the tags that are listed in the tree preferences.

Add _OLDKEY to the "Individual facts" setting.
You should now be able to set a privacy restriction for it.

> Is it possible to hide specific tags in general - only shown in the GEDCOM raw data?

If a fact is hidden (using privacy), then it is not shown in the "edit raw gedcom".

The "edit raw" option follows the privacy rules. If you cannot see a fact in the normal screens, you cannot see it using "edit raw".

> Is it possible to assign a tag to the section Extra Information instead of the fact list, like _UID?

This will require a code change.

In WT2, the list of these facts is here: github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/blob/2.0...taModule.php#L37-L45
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

[SOLVED] How to hide a (custom) tag 2 weeks 6 hours ago #3

• Peter_S
  • Junior
Problem solved, thank you Greg.

I follwed your first hint, added the tag to the individual facts and additionally to the privacy restriction.
webtrees 1.7.15 and 2.0.0
PHP 7.3.12, MySQL 5.7.25
Webhosting: genonline.de
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 hours ago by Peter_S.