This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: Order of displaying media objects

Order of displaying media objects 1 week 5 days ago #1

• abab
  • New
Hi all,
is there any possibility (i.e. by file name on server or something else) to change the display order of media objects of a individual?
The media objects seems to be displayed in order of their ID (which is the order of adding a file to an individual).
I would like to display media (i.e. image) according to the date representing by the file's content. So 'Document of birth' should be displayed before 'Document of death' (as simple example) although 'Document of Birth' is put to the individual after 'Document of Death' for any reason.
Regards, Knud
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Order of displaying media objects 1 week 4 days ago #2

• kiwi
  • Platinum
Option1 - Attach the media objects to events (such s Birth) instead of just to the individual. (Edit the Birth event and add the media there). Then they will sort as you want.

Option 2 - Use the "Album" tab instead of the "Media" tab for an individual. That has its own sort option on that tab.
Nigel

www.our-families.info

Hosted at:
Follow me at:

Order of displaying media objects 4 days 8 hours ago #3

• abab
  • New
Hello Nigel,
thank you for explaining the options - I will try.
Seems that the second option ist what I need, because I have some events without date.
Regards, Knud

Order of displaying media objects 4 days 6 hours ago #4

• kiwi
  • Platinum
Even without dates the code knows that, for example, birth comes before marriage, and death before burial, etc.
Nigel

www.our-families.info

Hosted at:
Follow me at: