This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Marking individuals on the Individuals List

Marking individuals on the Individuals List 2 months 1 week ago #1

• PeBu
  • New
Everey month I sent a search request to the CBG in the Netherlands for individuals to get their "Persoonskaart/Lijjst". I start everytime with the Surname A and then follow the alphabetical list to the Surname Z. It would be nice if I could already see on the Individuals List page from witch people I have already the "Persoonskaart/Lijst" in my possession. Is there a way to do this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marking individuals on the Individuals List 2 months 1 week ago #2

• bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
So you'd like an extra column in the list containing an extra attribute: is the CBG archive repository queried? This will require some heavy code customising.

Before you can show that, you need to have a means to get it out of your data. It needs to be recorded in a Gedcom structure. Would you know how? Is it already done like that for all your individuals? Because if the info in the list is not reliable, you need to verify it again and again.

Point being: maybe a manual check costs less time..
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

Marking individuals on the Individuals List 2 months 1 week ago #3

• PeBu
  • New
Well I was searching for example to give individuals different colors, when I have a Persoonskaart/Lijst in my possession for a certain Person I could give him for example a Green color, if the search was negative I could give them for example a red color

Marking individuals on the Individuals List 2 months 1 week ago #4

• drblam
  • New
PeBu wrote:
Well I was searching for example to give individuals different colors, when I have a Persoonskaart/Lijst in my possession for a certain Person I could give him for example a Green color, if the search was negative I could give them for example a red color

How do you plan to record the information about the Persoonskaart/Lijst in Webtrees? Presumably you are willing to modify each individual record to indicate success, failure (or no response?) in order to generate those colors. Why not just create a unique string, such as "Persoonskaart/Lijst_MISSING" which you can place in a note for some specific fact/event on each person, and then use General Search to find a list of everyone that contains that string?

Alternately, you can add a research task to everyone for whom the information is missing

Marking individuals on the Individuals List 2 months 1 week ago #5

• PeBu
  • New
Why not just create a unique string, such as "Persoonskaart/Lijst_MISSING" which you can place in a note for some specific fact/event on each person, and then use General Search to find a list of everyone that contains that string?

Thanks, tested and it works

[SOLVED] Marking individuals on the Individuals List 2 months 1 week ago #6

• PeBu
  • New
Problem solved.

[SOLVED] Marking individuals on the Individuals List 1 month 1 week ago #7

• Manja
  • New
I would add a shared note stating a missing kaart and add it to the people it applies to. In the overview of shared notes you can select this note and on the tab "persons" you'd see everyone with a missing kaart.