This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Have I lost my admin rights?

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 5 days ago #1

  • ChrisAndersen
  • ChrisAndersen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Greetings from Århus, Denmark
  • Posts: 97
I'm /was? the admin of my webtrees page and wanted to change my admin name from FSA to FA.
So I entered a new user, gave him the admin rights, logged in as the new admin, and deleted the old admin totally.

The settings of the new admin are:
- Administrator comments on user: admin-box is checked
- Role Manager... cannot change this to admin
- Individual record: ID myself
- Restrict to immediate family: 10

Now, I think the "relationship to me-chart" - function worked better before ;-)
i.e.:
1. If I like to see the relationship from my first cousin (my-father's-sister's-son) to me: no problem
2. ... to my second cousin (my grandfather's-sister's-grandson): I don't get myself in the chart
3. ... to my third cousin (my greatgrandfather's sister's greatgrandson): Don't get my grandfather, my father, and myself in the chart
4. ... to my 16th cousin (16 generations grandfather's sister's 16 generations grandson): Only get the cousin and his 4 next ancestors, nothing more.

A. So I exported the whole gedcom and made a new tree, hoping I got the real admin back: Nothing changed.
B. Then I looked into the phpmyadmin database, recognizing I don't have any user Id 1 anymore, and found these tables:
- a. user_gedcom_setting
-- my new user id has the "setting_name/setting_value"s:
----canedit/admin
----gedcomid/I614 = my id
----relationship_path_length/10
- b. user_setting
-- setting_name/setting_value
----admin_side_change_page_size/10
----admin_users_page_size/10
----autoaccept/1
----canadmin/1
----veryfied_by_admin/1

I'd like very much to avoid a total new installation of webtrees!

Am I way too deep? Is it possible to change back to the former admin, easier?
...or what would I change in the phpmyadmin - database in which table and which line/column?
genroot.me (blushing)
================
(wt 1.7.14 | php 7.2.13)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 5 days ago #2

  • fisharebest
  • fisharebest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 11465
> wanted to change my admin name from FSA to FA.

I'm not sure why you didn't just change the name of the existing account.

You have deleted the old account (and all its settings).
You therefore simply need to apply the same settings to the new account.

> The settings of the new admin are:
> - Administrator comments on user: admin-box is checked
> - Role Manager... cannot change this to admin

Admin is a site role. It applies to all trees.
Manager is a tree role. It can be given to some trees and not others.

> - Individual record: ID myself
> - Restrict to immediate family: 10

I am confused.

You want to be admin (can see everything).
You set relationship privacy (can only see closely-related individuals).

What do you want from this account? You are selecting two conflicting things.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 5 days ago #3

  • ChrisAndersen
  • ChrisAndersen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Greetings from Århus, Denmark
  • Posts: 97
Thanks you take care of this. :-)
fisharebest wrote:
>
I'm not sure why you didn't just change the name of the existing account.
I'm also not sure. :-( Longer time ago.
fisharebest wrote:
>
You have deleted the old account (and all its settings).
You therefore simply need to apply the same settings to the new account.

Cannot remember the original settings.
Hmm... sounds simple :-) Where do I do that?
fisharebest wrote:
>
What do you want from this account? You are selecting two conflicting things.

I'd like it to be the admin account and it looks like it, if there were not this, what I mentioned before:
Now, I think the "relationship to me-chart" - function worked better before ;-)
i.e.:
1. If I like to see the relationship from my first cousin (my-father's-sister's-son) to me: no problem
2. ... to my second cousin (my grandfather's-sister's-grandson): I don't get myself in the chart
3. ... to my third cousin (my greatgrandfather's sister's greatgrandson): Don't get my grandfather, my father, and myself in the chart
4. ... to my 16th cousin (16 generations grandfather's sister's 16 generations grandson): Only get the cousin and his 4 next ancestors, nothing more.

What am I doing wrong?
Where do I have to change what settings?
From which page you need a screenshot that you can tell me how to correct my mistakes.
genroot.me (blushing)
================
(wt 1.7.14 | php 7.2.13)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 5 days ago #4

  • fisharebest
  • fisharebest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 11465
> I'd like it to be the admin account

The admin account can see everything.

BUT YOU ALSO SELECTED THE "RELATIONSHIP PRIVACY" OPTION.

This options PREVENTS you seeing distant/living individuals.

Why did you select it?
What do you want it to do?
My guess is that you do NOT want this option. Just leave it empty.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 4 days ago #5

  • ChrisAndersen
  • ChrisAndersen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Greetings from Århus, Denmark
  • Posts: 97
fisharebest wrote:
> I'd like it to be the admin account

The admin account can see everything.

BUT YOU ALSO SELECTED THE "RELATIONSHIP PRIVACY" OPTION.

This options PREVENTS you seeing distant/living individuals.

Why did you select it?
What do you want it to do?
My guess is that you do NOT want this option. Just leave it empty.
Thanks for your answer :-)

Under: Charts > Relationships to me

I as admin would like to see the relationship connections over "all" generations.
Where and what are the settings for that?
genroot.me (blushing)
================
(wt 1.7.14 | php 7.2.13)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 4 days ago #6

  • fisharebest
  • fisharebest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 11465
> I as admin would like to see the relationship connections over "all" generations.

The do not enable the relationship privacy.

(Where you selected "- Restrict to immediate family: 10")
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 4 days ago #7

  • ChrisAndersen
  • ChrisAndersen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Greetings from Århus, Denmark
  • Posts: 97
fisharebest wrote:
> I as admin would like to see the relationship connections over "all" generations.

The do not enable the relationship privacy.

(Where you selected "- Restrict to immediate family: 10")

Thanks for your answer :-)
My admin settings...

The relationship chart...

Whatever I change ("restrict to immediate family": no, 2, 10) I always see 5 generations in the relationship chart.
What now?
genroot.me (blushing)
================
(wt 1.7.14 | php 7.2.13)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 4 days ago #8

  • bertkoor
  • bertkoor's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
  • Posts: 1656
You have "Restrict to immediate family: no", so this is not the problem.

You have set "me" for that tree to be I614: Aegidius Basilius Sattler (1520-1573). Usually "me" of the tree owner is I1, but you must have had your reason to make him your default individual.

The diagram doesn't mean anything to us. It seems to say that I9350 is the great-great grandfather of I614. Counting the steps, this seems correct. There are no empty boxes, no message about private individuals...

So can you explain better what the issue is?
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by bertkoor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Do you need a web hosting solution for your webtrees site?
If you prefer a host that specialises in webtrees, the following page lists some suppliers able to provide one for you: 

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 3 days ago #9

  • ChrisAndersen
  • ChrisAndersen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Greetings from Århus, Denmark
  • Posts: 97
bertkoor wrote:
You have "Restrict to immediate family: no", so this is not the problem.

You have set "me" for that tree to be I614: Aegidius Basilius Sattler (1520-1573). Usually "me" of the tree owner is I1, but you must have had your reason to make him your default individual.

The diagram doesn't mean anything to us. It seems to say that I9350 is the great-great grandfather of I614. Counting the steps, this seems correct. There are no empty boxes, no message about private individuals...

So can you explain better what the issue is?
Thanks for your answer :-)
I am not I1 because I made the family tree for my aunty in 1999.
I9350 is a great grandfather from me I614 about 14 generations back. So the diagram should show 14 generations.

The diagram is only showing 5 generations, no matter what I change in the settings.

I know that it can work with more generations. I saw it before I changed the name of the admin, made the new one the admin, and deleted the old admin.
Yes... that was obviously stupid,
but how can I get the old view with endless generations back?
(If there are no other solution I already thought about changing something directly in the phpmyadmin database... I like this idea better than reinstall webtrees.)
genroot.me (blushing)
================
(wt 1.7.14 | php 7.2.13)
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by ChrisAndersen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 3 days ago #10

  • kiwi
  • kiwi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum
  • Posts: 4963
ChrisAndersen wrote:
I am not I1 because I made the family tree for my aunty in 1999.
I9350 is a great grandfather from me I614 about 14 generations back. So the diagram should show 14 generations.

You didn't read properly what Bert told you.

You are NOT "I614". That is a person called Aegidius Basilius Sattler (1520-1573). To find out your ID, go to your individual page and look at the URL. It will contain your correct ID. Put that in your user details admin page.

Perhaps you were originally "I614" but in all the (wrong) things you described doing at the start of this thread, you have changed the IDs.

ChrisAndersen wrote:
(If there are no other solution I already thought about changing something directly in the phpmyadmin database...
That would be the MOST wrong thing you could do!
Nigel

www.our-families.info

Hosted at:
Follow me at:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 3 days ago #11

  • ChrisAndersen
  • ChrisAndersen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Greetings from Århus, Denmark
  • Posts: 97
Thanks for the answer :-)
btw. I like your website.

I'm quite sure, I am I614.
[url=http://http://genroot.me/1/individual.php?pid=I2306&ged=tree1]Aegidius Basilius Sattler is I2306...[/url]


Aegidius was just the 5th generation descendant from the first in the chart.

If I try an ascendant chart from me (I614) up, I also only got at maximum 5 generations. As soon I try the 6th generation the chart still shows 5 generations.

The problem is:
The chart is only showing 5 generations whatever settings, and I don't know why.
genroot.me (blushing)
================
(wt 1.7.14 | php 7.2.13)
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by ChrisAndersen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 2 days ago #12

  • bertkoor
  • bertkoor's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
  • Posts: 1656
This is strange indeed... Not a problem with authorisations, but the chart always stops at 5 generations. This is not related to you, it also happens to visitors.

Top part: genroot.me/1/relationship.php?ged=tree1&...pid1=I614&pid2=I2306
Swap individuals, bottom part: genroot.me/1/relationship.php?ged=tree1&...pid1=I2306&pid2=I614
The part inbetween: genroot.me/1/relationship.php?ged=tree1&...id1=I1556&pid2=I7872

NB your theme looks like one of the "fancy" ones. Recently there was an error reported with diagrams behaving oddly in the JustLight theme:
www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/help...put-criteria-element

Could you try what happens if you switch back to one of the standard webtrees themes?
Also look whether a newer version of your theme is available...
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by bertkoor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 1 day ago #13

  • ChrisAndersen
  • ChrisAndersen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Greetings from Århus, Denmark
  • Posts: 97
bertkoor wrote:
This is strange indeed... Not a problem with authorisations, but the chart always stops at 5 generations. This is not related to you, it also happens to visitors.

Top part: genroot.me/1/relationship.php?ged=tree1&...pid1=I614&pid2=I2306
Swap individuals, bottom part: genroot.me/1/relationship.php?ged=tree1&...pid1=I2306&pid2=I614
The part inbetween: genroot.me/1/relationship.php?ged=tree1&...id1=I1556&pid2=I7872

NB your theme looks like one of the "fancy" ones. Recently there was an error reported with diagrams behaving oddly in the JustLight theme:
www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/help...put-criteria-element

Could you try what happens if you switch back to one of the standard webtrees themes?
Also look whether a newer version of your theme is available...
Thanks for your support :-)
I'm actually using the standard webtrees theme: webtrees and I haven't changed this from the beginning.
The only change was the change of the admin name like mentioned before.

I'm running the latest stable version 1.7.12:
wiki.webtrees.net/de/Versions_Historie

Any more ideas?
genroot.me (blushing)
================
(wt 1.7.14 | php 7.2.13)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 1 day ago #14

  • fisharebest
  • fisharebest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 11465
> I'm actually using the standard webtrees theme

But you are using at least two custom modules.

Try disabling them temporarily...
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 1 day ago #15

  • ChrisAndersen
  • ChrisAndersen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Greetings from Århus, Denmark
  • Posts: 97
fisharebest wrote:
> I'm actually using the standard webtrees theme

But you are using at least two custom modules.

Try disabling them temporarily...

Thanks for your answer. :-)

Done. Tested the relationship function. Nothing has changed. Still the same problem. :-(
genroot.me (blushing)
================
(wt 1.7.14 | php 7.2.13)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 1 day ago #16

  • kiwi
  • kiwi's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum
  • Posts: 4963
ChrisAndersen wrote:
I'm running the latest stable version 1.7.12:
wiki.webtrees.net/de/Versions_Historie

Any more ideas?

That wiki information is wrong. Try updating to 1.7.14.
Nigel

www.our-families.info

Hosted at:
Follow me at:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 22 hours ago #17

  • ChrisAndersen
  • ChrisAndersen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Greetings from Århus, Denmark
  • Posts: 97
kiwi wrote:
That wiki information is wrong. Try updating to 1.7.14.

Thanks so much kiwi and all the others which were helping. :-)
After the update it all works smoothly again and I can see all generations in the chart.
Great :-)
genroot.me (blushing)
================
(wt 1.7.14 | php 7.2.13)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[SOLVED] Have I lost my admin rights? 2 weeks 22 hours ago #18

  • ChrisAndersen
  • ChrisAndersen's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Greetings from Århus, Denmark
  • Posts: 97
Problem solved.
genroot.me (blushing)
================
(wt 1.7.14 | php 7.2.13)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Powered by Kunena Forum