This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Import bugs

Import bugs 2 weeks 22 hours ago #1

• jheiler
  • New
Hi,

I imported a Gedcom File into webtrees some years ago produced by Gramps (www.heiler-ahnen.de), obviously there are still some open bugs. With respect to "numbers of children" for the Person I0107 only one of the two existing families is shown in this field, the children number is not correct. How can I repair this?

Kind regards
Jürgen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Import bugs 2 weeks 21 hours ago #2

• bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
Hi,

The number of children of a family is usually not shown on an individual's page. Here it is shown because it's a "fact" recorded on the family:
www.heiler-ahnen.de/webtrees/family.php?famid=F0015&ged=heiler

So there is the fact "number of children" set to one on this family. It is not computed, but hard-coded. Remove the fact (or correct to 2) and it should be solved

You'd usually put it there only if there is evidence of a number of children, but you cannot find who they are, or are not bothered to record them. Like a placeholder instead of the children themselves. Maybe to indicate the family has ten children but you only know details of a couple.
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last Edit: 2 weeks 21 hours ago by bertkoor.

[SOLVED] Import bugs 2 weeks 20 hours ago #3

• jheiler
  • New
Problem solved.