This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: Place Hierarchy - individual linked not showing

Place Hierarchy - individual linked not showing 3 weeks 6 days ago #1

• rocker99
  • New
I have entered the same burial location for 2 individuals (husband and wife in fact).

However, when I drill down and navigate via Lists/Place Hierarchy/Country/City etc. to town/cemetery it only displays that one individual (the wife) is associated with this place.

(I think I have seen a similar issue in my tree before, but I cannot remember where, but this one is fresh as I have only entered the details today.)

The place that I entered was the following:

Ruru Lawn Cemetery, Bromley, Christchurch, New Zealand

The entries "Ruru Lawn Cemetery, Bromley" are first time entries in my records today.

When I ask for a list of all individuals in "Christchurch, New Zealand", the names of both husband and wife are returned.

But when I ask for all individuals in "Bromley" or "Ruru Lawn Cemetery", only the wife is returned.

The raw GEDCOM details are basically identical and I can provide these if necessary.

Thanks
Kevin
Running latest version at www.familytreehq.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Place Hierarchy - individual linked not showing 3 weeks 6 days ago #2

• bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
This seems to happen from time to time, a hickup in the system can fail the places index to be updated.
The recommended procedure to repair the place hierarchy is either force an edit of the missing record/event, or perform a complete reload of the GEDCOM (export & import)
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.9
Last Edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by bertkoor.

Place Hierarchy - individual linked not showing 3 weeks 4 days ago #3

• rocker99
  • New
OK thanks, what worked in this instance was a forced edit of the record. I deleted one letter from the place, saved the change, and then added the letter back and saved again.

Do we know if full GEDCOM export/import will fix these across the entire database?
Kevin

Place Hierarchy - individual linked not showing 3 weeks 4 days ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
This issue was reported some time ago, but I have been unable to reproduce it - github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/1306

The place hierarchy is driven from the wt_placelinks table. The values here are created/updated whenever a record is creted, updated, imported, etc.

Exporting/importing the tree will re-populate this table. This *may* fix the problem. I can't be certain, as I don't know exactly what causes the issue...
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Place Hierarchy - individual linked not showing 3 weeks 3 days ago #5

• rocker99
  • New
FYI - I encountered this issue again.

This time I did a complete export/import of the GEDCOM, and afterwards, the place previously missing from the hierarchy was visible.

Seems like a tricky one to resolve.
Kevin