This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: Potential minor bug: Changing family name

Potential minor bug: Changing family name 4 months 1 week ago #1

• Herberich
  • New
Hi team,

I recently made a mistake when I accidentally created a female family member as a wife of a person, but my intention was to create that female person as a daughter.
To correct my mistake I took the following steps:
I selected the family (Family with parents --> view this family).
From the family view window I selected Edit-->Change family members.
In the sub-window clicked on "Remove" in the spouse-row
Next I selected add Child and I entered the individual's ID.
After saving the Married Surname field was still filled. I would have expected that field to be empty.

I have not tried to re-produce this, but it should be easy enough to do so. - I am running on webtrees 7.1.12.

Thanks,
Dirk
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Potential minor bug: Changing family name 4 months 1 week ago #2

• ric2015
  • New
Herberich wrote:
After saving the Married Surname field was still filled. I would have expected that field to be empty.

webtrees only suggests a value for this field initially, when a new individual is created. Afterwards, this value (or whatever you decide to put in this field) isn't ever updated automatically.

This behavior is reasonable and consistent: If you e.g. change an individual's parents, the individual's main surname isn't modified automatically, either.
Richard

webtrees 1.7.10 at cissee.de/webtrees
Custom modules for 1.7.9.x and 2.x (Extended Relationships, Gov4Webtrees, Shared Places) available at cissee.de

Potential minor bug: Changing family name 4 months 1 week ago #3

• Herberich
  • New
Hi Richard,

Thanks a million for clarifying.

Viele Grüße aus Irland,

Dirk