This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Fail on startup

Fail on startup 4 months 1 week ago #1

• townsleyb
  • New
Attemps to open my site at www.townsley.info/webtrees/ cause fatal errors when inserting into tables wt_site_setting, wt_log and wt_session

Only issue that my very limited knowledge suggests as a cause is that my total SQL database size has now gone over my ISPs size limit of 1gb. If this is the cause are there any tables that can have their content cut back (the wt_log file as entries going back over 3 years)?

Thanks ..

Later .. since this could be an ISP issue I will next do a clean install and rebuild from my Gedcom files to see if that solves the problem ...
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by townsleyb.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fail on startup 4 months 1 week ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> my total SQL database size has now gone over my ISPs size limit of 1gb. If this is the cause are there any tables that can have their content cut back

Depending on your mysql server configuration, deleting rows from tables may not actually free up space on disk.

You may need to (a) dump the data using mysqldump, (b) drop/recreate the database, (c) import the dump into the empty database

You can delete old entries from wt_log.

You can delete old entries (status = accepted or rejected) from wt_change.

The wt_session table should purge itself automatically, but if you have old entries here, then delete them.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Fail on startup 4 months 1 week ago #3

• townsleyb
  • New
My simplistic approach of starting again with a clean install and empty database has got the first Gedcom back online. The database size is 202Mb for a 77,000 person Gedcom source.

Since the second Gedcom contains around 210,000 names I think it will be safer to create a separate domain and database. This should provide plenty of headroom for avoiding future issues with the ISP's 1Gb limit.

It would have been better to follow your advice but my technical skills are decades behind ...

Best wishes

[SOLVED] Fail on startup 4 months 1 week ago #4

• townsleyb
  • New
Problem solved.