This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Searches suddenly only return an empty page

Searches suddenly only return an empty page 1 month 3 weeks ago #1

• rbader
  • New
I've been using the search feature extensively on my website (www.ruthsfamilyhistory.org) but suddenly searches are only returning an empty page, ie not a blank screen but only the search heading and tabs displayed and no results listed. I wonder if I 'broke' something when I was doing a search that returned a lot of individuals (1000s)? Seems odd to me but it's since then that the issue has been there. All other features appear to work. Strangely, the search also works on the other family tree on the same website (Bader, Garbinski, Blas, Jakubowicz).

I assume this is an SQL issue but I don't know how to fix it.

Many thanks in advance.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by rbader.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Searches suddenly only return an empty page 1 month 3 weeks ago #2

• rbader
  • New
I've just had a look at the Website logs page and the following error shows up frequently:

/home/ruthsfam/public_html/genealogy/app/Functions/FunctionsPrintLists.php:150 A non well formed numeric value encountered
#0 /app/Functions/FunctionsPrintLists.php:150 ErrorException("A non well formed numeric value encountered")
#1 /app/Controller/AdvancedSearchController.php:662 individualTable([array])
#2 /search_advanced.php:126 printResults()

Searches suddenly only return an empty page 1 month 3 weeks ago #3

• rbader
  • New
OK, based on that error I did a search and changed the PHP to 7.0 instead of 7.1. That appears to have fixed the issue. Phew.

[SOLVED] Searches suddenly only return an empty page 1 month 3 weeks ago #4

• rbader
  • New
Problem solved.